Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-09 05:03:11

cechternach
Website

Imbedding Video

I use the client response gallery not only for clients to view and respond, but also to universally give the privacy I need for selected photos.  Currently, I have all my clients setup and they're galleries working and assigned properly.  I have a universal client setup for sharing friends and family photos that allows full res downloads but is password protected. 

I would like to be able to use the Video stage gallery behind the CRG login.  Is this possible without PHP?

Behaviorally, I would like to be able to assign video galleries to clients.  The client can then login and view their video with privacy but without having to create a vimeo account or have a gmail.com account for youtube. I would create the Video Gallery template just as with using publisher but have it run through the CRG.  I could just password protect a video gallery using publisher but Its much less time consuming to organize multiple galleries for one client using CRG.  The response part of CRG isn't important in my application as of yet.  Just being able to tie it to a client is.

PHP is in my future but its going to be a winter project to address a number of things including logo animation, css styling, and other aesthetic items that will be more centrally managed using PHP and CSS.   I'm pleased with the control of the padding and margins using the web module and have good clean base created for my site.  Once I have all my images in galleries the way I want them I'm going to tackle PHP. 
Is PHP the key to my needs for video or is there a short term solution until I get to my PHP education in gear?

Cheers,
Chris

www.cechternach.com (ttg CE4)
www.chrisechternach.com (adobe muse soon to be ttg)

#2 2016-04-09 05:51:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: Imbedding Video

Hi Chris,

I would like to be able to use the Video stage gallery behind the CRG login.  Is this possible without PHP?

No.

Ben and Matt will have to comment on whether or not it's possible to change the Stage code (and what code to change) so that it could be managed in the CRG back-end. I don't imagine they'll rework Stage to accommodate CRG client management though, seeing as how right now they're neck deep in development of Backlight.

But who knows,  this might be a possibility for Backlight.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-04-09 06:07:50

rod barbee
Website

One thing you could try is dropping YouTube embed code into the Page Copy (md) field of the album (I've not actually tried this yet). The video itself can't be CRG managed, but clients could use the comments section of the email form that gets sent to you.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2016-04-09 15:37:27

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Or add the video embed code via PHPlugins. But yeah, we will not be reworking Stage for such purposes.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2016-04-11 03:37:18

cechternach
Website

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will try the work arounds for now.  I am intrigued by backlight, it seemed to me that lightroom's web module was a limiting factor in what was possible to manipulate.  I will be waiting to take a look at this new venture before I invest more time into my wish list with CE4. 

I trust it will open up more possibilities just as moving to CE4 did for me in the first place.  I have no problem paying for a product that eliminates the bottleneck between lightroom and my webpage, also allows me creative control of how my site looks, and is expertly supported when I am not smart enough to figure it out. The last part is what is missing from a lot of software i've used.  The published documentation is accurate and the people on the forums are quick and knowledgable.  I can tell that the designer of this product is a user of the this product. 

Cheers,
Chris

Board footer