Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-15 22:24:53

Terry
Website

Open Question - How do people deal with selling different aspect ratio

How does everyone deal with (inform the customer) different aspect ratio's on their images.

i.e. 20x16 is not compatible with all formats unless it is the size of the mount.

Or does everyone use the mixed pricing and select a few different aspect ratio packages?

Looking for the easy option really and that includes being able to send prints out in a roll as opposed to a mounted images which might not survive the post.

Thanks all,
Terry

#2 2015-02-27 22:42:44

markh
Website

Re: Open Question - How do people deal with selling different aspect ratio

Well, mine's not very elegant but it seems to suffice. I just add the phrase: IMAGE MAY BE CROPPED, to the image description if I don't feel like creating individual products for a particular image. Which brings up my second method: if I have an image I don't want to crop I create a product for just that size and offer that image in only that size.

#3 2015-02-27 23:06:18

Terry
Website

Hmmm I could offer a second option of either having the image cropped or shrinked to maintain the aspect ratio. Thank for that thought smile

Maybe thats something for the future development ... an aspect ratio option - which only shows sizes which will fit the image aspect or close match big_smile  Matthew?

#4 2015-02-27 23:35:57

rod barbee
Website

Terry wrote:

Hmmm I could offer a second option of either having the image cropped or shrinked to maintain the aspect ratio. Thank for that thought smile

Maybe thats something for the future development ... an aspect ratio option - which only shows sizes which will fit the image aspect or close match

Fotomoto provides that

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-02-28 16:04:57

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Terry wrote:

Maybe thats something for the future development ... an aspect ratio option - which only shows sizes which will fit the image aspect or close match big_smile  Matthew?

The cart will have to start pulling in a lot more money before we can justify spending time on something so complicated. =P

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2015-03-04 06:08:02

kristenwestlake
Website

I have four different pricing schemes that fit different aspect ratios.
Once you've implemented it its easy to work with smile

Kristen smile

#7 2015-03-04 11:09:42

divinemayhemstudios

I sell standard prints (2x3 ratio) and panorama prints. I have my panoramas listed as "custom sizes available" at $0.00 and give clients a quote on their preferred size. Since my panoramas aren't all the same shape, I would have to standardize them or have a different pricing scheme for each shape. Nightmare.

#8 2016-04-08 22:28:09

beefphat

I realise this post is a year old, but I thought I'd respond for the benefit of anyone else seeing the post. Fotomot offer the option to select a size in your store that matches the short side, and they will print it on the "standard" paper size and trim it to your aspect ratio. The cart automatically checks the image dimensions and offers the "real" size in the widget. The option is called "Offer flexible sizes". Here's their description:

"If you offer Flexible Sizes, we will print on a slightly larger paper if necessary and trim the print based on your actual image so that no part of it is cropped. Fotomoto calculates the width of the image for any given height so it will be offered for sale in print sizes that match the aspect ratio of that image, for example 12"x19.7"."

Hope that helps!

Matt

Board footer