Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-06 20:33:54

dublinnic

No templates for Publisher, can't create album

Hello,
I'm new to the turning gate. I bought the Client Proofing Bundle and the Gallery. I've installed everything but the Gallery product so far.
I followed all the directions and am now in Publisher and I get the following message:

Unable to perform action: listTemplates

I found similar posts with the same problem, but I was unable to follow the solutions. I don't have a setup.xml file etc...I have a feeling it might be a problem with the directories, but I can't be sure. There was also a discussion about a different type of template for publisher.

Can anyone help me to troubleshoot?

Also, what is the difference between the Client Response Gallery and the Gallery?

What I'm looking to do it have a proofing site alongside my wordpress site. www.moments.ie

Thanks so much!
Nicole

#2 2016-04-06 21:53:01

rod barbee
Website

Re: No templates for Publisher, can't create album

Hi Nicole,

this just means you've not uploaded a template yet. Templates are exported galleries. You just upload them to your /ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder via FTP. Create a template for CE4 Gallery and a template for CE4 CRG.

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates

On that page you'll see CE4 Gallery and CE4 Stage can be used as templates. You can add CE4 CRG to that list.
When you export your templates, name them using only letters, numbers, underscores, or hyphens. No spaces or special characters. (this goes for all files and folders)

The difference between Gallery and the Client Response Gallery is pretty huge. On the surface, they look the same; they have nearly the same design options. With CRG, clients can give you feedback on their choices. The feedback is emailed to you as well as stored in a database. There are also client management tools so that you can create logins and assign albums to clients.

Here's a post that outlines the different deployment options for CRG:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/2015/02/0 … e-gallery/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-04-07 02:48:10

dublinnic

Thank you Rod for your quick response.

I have uploaded the template via FTP and I put it in both templates/autoindex and templates/gallery directories. The client_gallery.lrtemplate file is in both places. Is it normal to see all the settings in the template like : Heading 1,2,3,, block quote, etc..

If I have CRG, I don't need Gallery? I bought that on top of the Proofing bundle.

Thanks,
Nicole

#4 2016-04-07 04:17:14

rod barbee
Website

The client_gallery.lrtemplate file is in both places.

There's your problem. Publisher templates are exported galleries (for albums) and exported autoindexes (for album sets), not Lightroom templates (.lrtemplate files)
Export and upload the entire exported folder to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/ for your CE4 Gallery and CE4 Client Response Gallery templates.
for album sets, export and upload the entire exported folder from CE4 Autoindex to the /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder.
(Export using the Export button at the bottom of the right had panel in the Web Module)

If I have CRG, I don't need Gallery? I bought that on top of the Proofing bundle.

Not necessarily. If you disable all the client response options you'll end up with basically a regular CE4 Gallery. At that point, the main difference will be that CE4 Gallery is compatible with the TTG Cart system and CRG is not.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-04-07 20:51:22

dublinnic

Ok thanks Rod, for clearing that up. I was right clicking and exporting the lightroom file instead of exporting the whole directory.

So I uploaded everything.

Autoindex template to /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/galleries
**In the doc it says to upload the galleries directory to the root level.
So I tried both and when I type moments.ie/galleries, I get a message:
page not found.

If I type in moments.ie/ttg-be/templates/autoindex/galleries
the page comes up but with no albums yet, which I think is normal, because I don't have ny published albums, but not normal that it won't work directly in moments.ie/galleries

Where should I upload it to?

I uploaded the CRG template to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/client_gallery

It now shows up in publisher and it creates an album, BUT when I publish it, I get the message:

Unable to perform action: createAlbum
Message: Unable to create album at ./../../galleries/clients/fryer5 (message: mkdir(): No such file or directory).  Have you set permissions of './../../galleries' directory to 755?

The file permissions are set at 755. I tried 777, but the server changes it back each time.

Just when I think I'm getting somewhere, I trip up again!
Sorry and thanks for your help:)
Nicole

#6 2016-04-07 23:36:35

rod barbee
Website

If I type in moments.ie/ttg-be/templates/autoindex/galleries
the page comes up but with no albums yet, which I think is normal, because I don't have ny published albums, but not normal that it won't work directly in moments.ie/galleries

this is normal since this autoindex is meant to be a template for future album sets and not an actual index for your albums.

Have you uploaded an exported autoindex folder named 'galleries' to the root of the site as well?

In Publisher setup, what have you set as the "top-level galleries directory"?

Message: Unable to create album at ./../../galleries/clients/fryer5 (message: mkdir(): No such file or directory).  Have you set permissions of './../../galleries' directory to 755?

this implies that your top-level galleries directory is /galleries/clients

I don't see anything other than page not found errors at either
http://www.moments.ie/galleries/clients or
http://www.moments.ie/galleries/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-04-08 01:23:08

dublinnic

Have you uploaded an exported autoindex folder named 'galleries' to the root of the site as well?

Yes, I have. Is that where it is supposed to be?

I have http://www.moments.ie/galleries

When I load:
http://www.moments.ie/galleries/
I can see the template with the Lorem blabla, but when I try to publish an album I still get the message below:

Message: Unable to create album at ./../../galleries/clients/fryer6 (message: mkdir(): No such file or directory).  Have you set permissions of './../../galleries' directory to 755?

Yes I have set the permissions to 755. I tried 777, but it changes back each time.

The root of my site is in a directory called public_html. It's where the wordpress directories etc are saved. So that's where I have saved galleries and ttg-be directories. Whenever a template asks for the root, I just type http://www.moments.ie. Hope this is OK?

Thanks so much Rod,
Nicole

#8 2016-04-08 01:30:32

rod barbee
Website

I have http://www.moments.ie/galleries

In Publisher setup, that should just be 'galleries' (without the quote marks)

top-level-galleries-folder.jpg

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … r_instance

The root of my site is in a directory called public_html. It's where the wordpress directories etc are saved. So that's where I have saved galleries and ttg-be directories. Whenever a template asks for the root, I just type http://www.moments.ie. Hope this is OK?

Yes, this is correct.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2016-04-08 01:32:49

rod barbee
Website

Also, this page: http://www.moments.ie/galleries/ will be your Galleries index page. You'll want to replace that Lorem Ipsum text with something else. Do that in Lightroom, export again, and upload.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ntent_area

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2016-04-08 03:56:08

dublinnic

Hi Rob,
Yes, I did have 'galleries' without quotes in the publisher setup, so that's OK. I thought you were referring to the Publisher Settings in the TTG-BE admin.

Perhaps since I don't have Pages, I should reference the auto index directory instead of the galleries directory? In the doc it says:
If using CE4 Pages, the target folder will typically be the /galleries folder.
If using CE4 Auto Index, you may use any auto index folder as your target.

Ok I'll change the Lorem text.

I still can't get an album to publish. I keep getting the same error.

Thanks,
Nicole

#11 2016-04-08 04:20:30

rod barbee
Website

HI Nicole,

Perhaps since I don't have Pages, I should reference the auto index directory instead of the galleries directory?

No, you should be good. You've got an autoindex named 'galleries' here: http://www.moments.ie/galleries/

Are you able to authenticate the Publisher set up? I'm able to authenticate to your site from my end (the API key is still at the default). I can try publishing a test album just to see if it works if you want me to.

I still can't get an album to publish. I keep getting the same error.

That error shows you trying to publish to the /galleries/clients/ folder. That location shows a page not found error. What's "clients" supposed to be?
Have you tried publishing to just the galleries/ folder?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2016-04-08 05:30:16

dublinnic

Hi Rob,

Are you able to authenticate the Publisher set up? I'm able to authenticate to your site from my end (the API key is still at the default). I can try publishing a test album just to see if it works if you want me to.

I can authenticate. I used the code in the doc, not sure how to change that? Yes you can publish a test album to my site, no problem. thank you!

That error shows you trying to publish to the /galleries/clients/ folder. That location shows a page not found error. What's "clients" supposed to be? Have you tried publishing to just the galleries/ folder?

I don't know where the clients is coming from, other than it's the name of an album set. I wanted to have an album set called clients with all the clients albums below. Should I delete that and just have albums?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

#13 2016-04-08 05:34:26

dublinnic

OMG, that was it! I created an album directly under the Publish Service, not in an Album Set and it works.... Only problem is that the password section is greyed out and I don't know the password for the guest login....

#14 2016-04-08 05:36:33

rod barbee
Website

Did you enable password protection in your template?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2016-04-08 05:38:12

dublinnic

probably not, I'll check now.....

#16 2016-04-08 05:38:50

rod barbee
Website

Oh, that looks like it's CRG managed. Set this up in ttg-be > CRG > Settings > Clients

Once you've created a client, then you can assign the album to that client.

Also, you should be able to access all albums if you're already logged into ttg-be without needing to go through the client log-in.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2016-04-08 06:02:23

dublinnic

When I click on the Andrew album, it takes me to the CRG login, not the login page I created in the template. Is there a way to avoid creating a user in the CRG settings. I think it's easier just to create username/password when creating the album.
Also is there a way to require an email from the client when logging in?
thanks smile

#18 2016-04-08 07:23:19

rod barbee
Website

Is there a way to avoid creating a user in the CRG settings.

Yes, in Publisher, edit the album, go to the Integration tab and under Client Management, choose "Stand Alone".

Going this route, the client can go directly to their album (after entering any password you've set up under the Features tab). When they send you their feedback, they'll need to enter their email address there.

But if you're not going to use the Managed by CRG Admin option in Client Management (Integration tab), you'll be giving up some of the features that provides. Like the ability for your client to log in make selections, and then close the browser and come back later to pick up where they left off.

See this post for the CRG deployment options: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/2015/02/0 … e-gallery/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2016-04-11 23:15:05

dublinnic

Hi Rod,
So I read the CRG deployment doc and I definitely want to go with the 3rd option (3. Published, managed galleries).
So I'll keep it as managed by CRG and create users in the TTG admin. I'd like a client to be able to login with just a password and require an email. I don't mind setting up a password in the TTG admin, but I never know which email they will use. What do I fill in the password that I defined in TTG in the settings section of Publisher?

Also, I just don't see how to get the css controlled login page from my template to work. A "Client Response Gallery" login page shows up which a client clicks on their gallery. This breaks the client feeling of being in one site.

Gosh I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say...
In short, I'm trying to replace my shootproof account where galleries are added with passwords and the images are watermarked. Then once they purchase a collection certain images are un-watermarks and available for download. IS this all possible with TTG?

Thanks!
Nicole

#20 2016-04-11 23:52:04

rod barbee
Website

What do I fill in the password that I defined in TTG in the settings section of Publisher?

If you're using the CRG admin features, then you don't need to use the Password protection features in the Lightroom plug-in. So don't even bother with that.
But you will need to create a client profile in TTG-BE > CRG > Settings > Clients. You will need to assign an email and password to the account. The Client will need to use that email address to log-in. That's just the way it works.

Also, I just don't see how to get the css controlled login page from my template to work. A "Client Response Gallery" login page shows up which a client clicks on their gallery. This breaks the client feeling of being in one site.

In TTG-BE  CRG Settings, under Personalisation, choose your CRG template. This will give your log-in page the same styling as your CRG albums.

In short, I'm trying to replace my shootproof account where galleries are added with passwords and the images are watermarked. Then once they purchase a collection certain images are un-watermarks and available for download. IS this all possible with TTG?

Yes. But it will take some secondary effort on your part.
Once you receive the feedback from the client on which images they want (and you've received your payment, however you manage that), you can edit the album and under Features > Watermark to Apply, click on the Managed by Lightroom drop-down and choose disable.
Then select the images in the album that need to have watermarks removed. Right-click on those images and choose Mark to Republish

You may need to go to Publisher settings and make sure that the "Push metadata without updating existing photos" is unchecked. This will force Lightroom to re-render the images.

After you do this, the client will be able to download the individual images from the gallery, assuming you've enabled image downloads in the plug-in.

You can read about image download options here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … e_download

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer