Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-03 22:59:17

fwillette

No thumbnail for gallery icon

Hi everybody

I thought that I could not do worse that erasing Lightroom, well in fact Icould  :-(
I did completely erase my website   http://www.martine-cheval.be/    with ftp client.
I don't really now how it could happen, but a refreshing mouse pointer problem is maybe the source.
Fortunately I had a backup of the site, not really up to date, but it was enougth to restart building the site. I also had the last exports, so could I restore a more or less same site.

All this leaved me with twoo problems. The first is that when I create a new album and publish it with Publisher, no thumbnail appears in the album icon in the galleries, like here: http://martine-cheval.be/galleries/chrono/   I allready spent a lot of time looking for a solution and the only issue I found is that in the exported album (in /galleries) the folder "thumbnails" is not created.  Custom_thumbnails and thumnails-for-mobile are well created.

Do you have an idea of what I am doing wrong or forgetting?

I thougt to open an other post for the second problem but maybe are they linked. When i try to modify an existing album, get I the messages: Unable to perform action getThumbnails       Message: Album not found,   althougt album is well present in Lightroom an in the site.

#2 2016-03-04 00:01:44

rod barbee
Website

Re: No thumbnail for gallery icon

when you "erased" your website, was ttg-be also removed?
I'm wondering if there's an issue with the database. If the database was still intact and you're trying to recreate what you had, you're probably running into a conflict.
My guess is that this is a Publisher issue rather than a CE 4 Gallery issue.

This is probably something that Ben is going to have to dig into. See this: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-03-04 02:41:58

fwillette

Thanks Rod

Yes the site has been fully and totaly erased, ttg-be also.
I gave a look at the tuto you mention and I already updated several files, and some issue seems to be solved.
I just controlled my versions vs latest ones and it seems that I have to update almost my TTG pluggins.
I'll update and tell you what's new.

Just a question: in the changelog for ttg-be it is allways mentioned:   Log in as admin to ttg-be/admin
without any instruction about what to do. Is this step necessary and/or usefull?

#4 2016-03-04 02:57:11

rod barbee
Website

Logging in to ttg-be is necessary as it completes the update process. Just by logging in, it updates things like database files.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-03-04 03:27:09

fwillette

O.K.
All plugins are now updated and I logged in ttg-be.
I begin to be fully saturated and my head is overheating. I just ask if I have to refresh things like galleries templates ans so on.

Thanks again.

#6 2016-03-04 05:15:35

rod barbee
Website

I just ask if I have to refresh things like galleries templates ans so on.

the templates are fine. Did you republish everything as new? How did you go about replacing your site?

What I want to know is if you used Publisher to recreate all your albums and album sets when you rebuilt things?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-03-04 07:31:03

rod barbee
Website

the autoindex.xml files for each of the galleries on this page: http://martine-cheval.be/galleries/chro … -semestre/
don't look right. As mentioned above, I think Ben will need to look at this for you. I suggest sending him TTG-BE admin credentials.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2016-03-04 18:20:53

fwillette

Hi Rod

I had a bakup of the site on my PC, thus simply did I copy this backup (www...) and pasted it in the root of the site.
Albums and albums sets existing in the backup were re-created pasting them.
The album set Chrono... and his albums have been receated in LR and republished with publisher.
Maybe have I to do a big cleaning in all my files and delete (very carefully) old versions to get a consistant set of pluggins and files, comprising autoindex.

#9 2016-03-05 00:17:12

rod barbee
Website

Maybe have I to do a big cleaning in all my files and delete (very carefully) old versions to get a consistant set of pluggins and files, comprising autoindex.

While your versions of both Autoindex and Gallery are a little out of date (and it's always a  good idea to update), this is probably not the problem.

I think it may have to do with the way you restored the site. As I mentioned above, the autoindex.xml files for the galleries inside of the Chronologie index don't look right.

This is likely a Publisher issue and something that Ben will need to look into. Have you contacted Ben yet?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2016-03-05 06:27:43

Ben

I just logged in to your ttg-be admin, and when I clicked on Publisher, it performed 11 updates, all the way through from 2.1.0 to 2.3.3
That missing step will very likely to have been causing issues.

Can you verify that the version of your LR Publisher is also 2.3.3?

Now that that's been done, can you see whether you can select a cover image from the album settings within Lightroom?  If you're not able to set it, then you may need to mark all of the photos in the respective galleries to republish and publish them again, and then try setting the cover image.

#11 2016-03-05 18:32:26

fwillette

Hi Ben and thank you

Publisher's version is well  2.3.3
Thought clicking on Publish now (right click on the album name) was sufficient to republish the entire album.
For the albums newly recreates can't I get a cover image, because "thumbnails" folder is not created.

I think there must be a big mismatch in all files I created, especially in autoindexes.
I feel tired today and my mind is not clear at all, thus I'll wait a few days before diving in again.
Probably do I also need to re-read doc about autoindex.

#12 2016-03-05 20:22:46

Ben

Hi, I'm not sure what's gone wrong then.  There shouldn't be any issue between thumbnails/thumbnails-for-mobile, and getting this working shouldn't have hurdles like this.  I'm happy to have a look at your site via FTP and try to work out what's happening.  If that suits you, then please grant me FTP access and send the details via email.

#13 2016-03-06 01:50:28

fwillette

Twoo small questions:
setting up an AutoIndex, in the "Site info pane / Navigation Hyperlinks" selecting Home as target leads to "index", is it O.K.? I suppose yes.
The second question: In the bottom pane
Upload parameters
FTP server
Place in sub-folder
photos
Complete path
/photos

Does this option matter whether checked or not?
I didn't find any info about that.

#14 2016-03-06 03:54:01

rod barbee
Website

First, the the Navigation hyperlinks should be consistent throughout the site. Meaning they should be the same in Pages, Gallery, Autoindex. So Home leading to /index.php, or just / is find.

Second, don't use the Upload feature in Lightroom, it can be buggy. Instead, use Export and then upload using a dedicated FTP client.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … otocol_ftp

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2016-03-17 00:49:48

fwillette

Hello Rod and Ben, and thank you.

Sorry for these late answer, bur I've been working a lot rebuilding the site, picking up pieces here and there and slowly does it come all right.
Also did I carefully re set up Gallery, AutoIndex and Pages to get a consistent set of plugins and templates.
LightRoom's Web module is definitively NOT my friend!
Not yet used new Pages template, but using new AutoIndex and Gallery am I now able to correctly publish Album sets an Albums.
To Rod, I allways use Export and not Publish in LR.
I'm busy to delete and republish former album sets and albums. Not too heavy once the workflow is well established.

A small issue I can't solve: "Oeuvres récentes" is a "standalone" stage page named "stage-derniers-dessins" located in the site's root and works nearby properly, but it seems that I have lost the trailing /  at the end of the URL somewhere in the puzzle This has a strange effect in the navigation on "Galeries" page, the next to the right of "Oeuvres récentes". If I visit "Galeries" first, no problem, the page is displaied correctly, but after having displayed "Oeuvres récentes" returning to "Galeries" displays the following message: "The requested URL /stage-derniers-dessins/galeries was not found on this server.". I searched in a lot of .php and .css files where I could add the trailing  /  but did not find. An idea of what I could do to avoid me to have to re upload pages?

#16 2016-03-17 02:22:52

rod barbee
Website

A small issue I can't solve: "Oeuvres récentes" is a "standalone" stage page named "stage-derniers-dessins" located in the site's root and works nearby properly, but it seems that I have lost the trailing /  at the end of the URL somewhere in the puzzle This has a strange effect in the navigation on "Galeries" page, the next to the right of "Oeuvres récentes". If I visit "Galeries" first, no problem, the page is displaied correctly, but after having displayed "Oeuvres récentes" returning to "Galeries" displays the following message: "The requested URL /stage-derniers-dessins/galeries was not found on this server.".

this is because you've got "galeries" in the Galeries target field in Navigation Hyperlinks. From the page source code:

<li><a href="galeries">Galeries</a></li>

Since this is a stand alone Stage page, in Lightroom, just change the target for "Galeries" to /galleries.php

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2016-03-17 03:20:11

fwillette

O.K.  fixed

Can easily get confused betweeen the english galleries and the french galeries.

Just had to uncheck   Share resources from Pages.

Thanks again

Board footer