Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-03-16 20:11:30

kishw

Using Context Menu in different galleries

Hi

I have used the php code to disable downloading images from the right click context menu and it works well.
However, it is functional right across my complete website.
Is there a way to ignore the code if I access certain galleries or go to a particular page on my site and then to re-enable it if I navigate away from that page ? My reasoning for this is when a client access's a password protected gallery they are free to download any of the images but when viewing any of the general portfolio galleries the images cannot be downloaded.

Maybe if the code was expanded so that instead of just displaying a warning message and stopping the download it requested a password to allow the user to access options to download.

The next bit of this puzzle is it would be much more preferable and easier to use if this php code could be integrated so that it can added to ones site automatically by means of a toggle switch/option in the plugin/templates to make the application of it much easier than having to learn and understand the coding methodology. Maybe something that could be added to a future upgrade ?

I look forward to you valued help.
Regards
Kish Woolmore
(London, UK)
www.kishwphotos.co.uk

#2 2016-03-16 21:44:05

rod barbee
Website

Re: Using Context Menu in different galleries

you could just enable the Image Download function in the plug-in on a per album basis. Create one template that allows downloads and one that does not. Then assign templates to albums as needed.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … e_download

no need to mess with the phplugins code at all.

The next bit of this puzzle is it would be much more preferable and easier to use if this php code could be integrated so that it can added to ones site automatically by means of a toggle switch/option in the plugin/templates

If you're referring to the context menu disable script, I really doubt Matt will do this as he feels it's an abomination to begin with. smile
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ntext_menu

but if you still need to apply the script conditionally, you can do that by either targeting the album folder name, the type of page (gallery, etc.), the template name, or a combination of those.

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _functions

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-03-16 22:19:36

kishw

thanks for the quick response and info.
If I enable image download function does it only affect new galleries created with the template or can it be applied retrospectively to existing galleries ?

I like the idea of using php code to enhance the website, but I find it a bit daunting to learn just for using on a single website and hence would prefer to use options to generate necessary code automatically from the plugins ....

#4 2016-03-16 23:09:06

rod barbee
Website

If I enable image download function does it only affect new galleries created with the template or can it be applied retrospectively to existing galleries ?

You can switch existing albums to the new template. You may need to republish the images.
If you use the feature that has publisher creating the downloadable images, then you'll definitely need to republish.

I like the idea of using php code to enhance the website, but I find it a bit daunting to learn just for using on a single website and hence would prefer to use options to generate necessary code automatically from the plugins ....

That might be convenient, but it would also make the plug-ins a whole lot bigger and a whole lot slower in Lightroom. Plus, phplugins enhancements can be applied to all pages or selected pages. If the options were in the plug-ins themselves, one would have to enable them on a per plug-in basis, which sort of defeats the purpose.
Phplugins extensibility is there for those that want to customize beyond the myriad options already in the plug-ins.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer