Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-18 00:34:27

cmelgardphoto

Masonry Layout?

Howdy.... I just got the Pages plugin and now realize that I want a Masonry layout on my Home page.
Is there a way I can have this in the Pages plugin or do I have to switch to the Gallery plugin?
A good example is this site: http://www.6co.com.br/

Thx! Christian

#2 2016-02-18 01:00:23

rod barbee
Website

Re: Masonry Layout?

Hi Christian,

you can use a Masonry layout CE4 gallery on your home page by using Publisher to replace the home page:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _home_page

The Masonry layout will only show on desktop versions of your site though. For mobile devices, CE4 Gallery uses the standard layout.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-02-18 01:18:04

cmelgardphoto

Hey Rod....so what you're saying is if I want a Masonry layout for my Home page that's Responsive too,
I have to use the CE4 Gallery plugin [alone] ?  Thx

#4 2016-02-18 01:46:56

rod barbee
Website

No. Take a look at that link. By checking the "Allow Page Replacement by CE4 Publisher" in Pages > Appearance > the Gallery as well as setting Page Assignment to Home,  you'll be set up to create an album that will be used as the site's home page.
You'll need CE4 Gallery to create the Publisher template from which the album will be made. When you create the album, give it the slug of 'pages-gallery'

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-02-19 07:31:37

cmelgardphoto

So I have to have/use CE4 Publisher and CE4 Gallery along with CE4 Pages to get the Masonry Layout on my Home page??
This is a pretty complicated "Plugin"...  Thx

#6 2016-02-19 08:25:40

rod barbee
Website

So I have to have/use CE4 Publisher and CE4 Gallery along with CE4 Pages to get the Masonry Layout on my Home page??

Yes
And yes it can seem complicated at first, but the plug-ins are building an entire website designed to the latest web standards.

And there are tutorials to show you exactly how to do it. And there's us here on the forum too smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-02-19 16:11:02

Matthew
Administrator
Website

cmelgardphoto wrote:

This is a pretty complicated "Plugin"...  Thx

Well it's a set of plugins. And all working through Lightroom's Web module, which was not designed with such functionality in mind. We've been breaking down walls and strong-arming the application into cooperation, making possible things that Lightroom's design team hadn't imagined when they built the thing. We attempt to make it all as straight-forward as possible, but there's only so much we can do in that regard, given the framework in which we are operating.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#8 2016-02-19 22:32:37

rod barbee
Website

Matthew wrote:

We've been breaking down walls and strong-arming the application into cooperation, making possible things that Lightroom's design team hadn't imagined when they built the thing....

And then some! Matt and Ben have also taken this out of the "Lightroom box" to provide customer requested functionality that is otherwise impossible to do with Lightroom alone.

Case in point: the ability to use Lightroom's Publish service to replace Pages' home page with a TTG gallery. (Or, for that matter, just the ability for the Publish Service to even control something made with the Web Module.)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer