Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-02-09 20:16:33

KenLiving

How to sell a CD with all pics from gallery

Hi there,

I usually sell CDs with all pics from my customers photosession, either in high or low resolution.

But how do I add this product or package to my cart?

I don't want my customers to go through the process of selectin each and every pic from the gallery (40 -100 pics).

Thanks for any help :-)

Ken

#2 2016-02-10 00:08:27

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to sell a CD with all pics from gallery

I have a couple of ideas.
If you're using Packages, add a product for the CD of all images. Then create a package that includes the "CD of all images" product and set Quantity to one.
In the text of your gallery, include instructions to your customers that if they want a cd of all image, to click on the Add Package button and then click on any thumbnail and add the CD.

Another idea is to use Mixed Pricing.

• First create an image of a CD or anything that will depict a CD.

• In Cart Admin > Products, add "CD of all images"

• Create a Pricing Profile that contains just this product and give it a price. Name it what you want. For this purpose I'm calling it "CD of all images"

• In the metadata of the CD image you create enter the name of your CD pricing profile (CD of all images) in the Category field

• In the metadata of all the other images in the gallery, add the name of the pricing profile you would normally use

• Add the CD image to the gallery or to the album (if using Publisher) and place it where you want on the grid. Placing it first is probably the best spot.

• You'll need to enable Mixed Pricing in the gallery and re-export and upload the gallery. Or, if you're using Publisher, you'll need to set the template to use Mixed Pricing, re-export, and upload the template.

If using Publisher you'll then need to republish the album so that the metadata will be updated

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-02-11 19:41:59

KenLiving

Re: How to sell a CD with all pics from gallery

Hi Rob,
Thanks a lot!
I've gone ahead with Mixed Pricing and the CD image. Works like a charm :-)
Regards,
Ken

Board footer