Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-12 05:04:00

chris

Publisher Galleria on Home Page

Hello, I'm back again.

I posted last week with an issue concerning a publisher controlled Home Page Slideshow.

First, I would like to confirm that when doing this, the entire Home page is replaced with the template created for Publisher to upload a slideshow?

I am having three issues.

1. The slideshow does not work.

2. There is no text or 'Block' below the slideshow area.

3. The menu cannot find 'About' or 'Contact'

I have configured everything correctly in Lightroom.  The site is www.emergent-visions.com/test/.

I can make a change to include the /test/ directory for the menu issue, but it seems awkward seeing that Pages does not have the same problem.

Help. please.

I can work around all issues, but would not have publish control that would make things easier.

#2 2016-01-12 05:49:41

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher Galleria on Home Page

First, I would like to confirm that when doing this, the entire Home page is replaced with the template created for Publisher to upload a slideshow?

Almost correct. The Home page is replaced by a Publisher album that's created using the template.

1. The slideshow does not work.

When you created the album with the "pages-gallery" slug, did you include more than one image? right now, there is only one image being called by the source code.

2. There is no text or 'Block' below the slideshow area.

Did you add text to the Page Copy area in the Create/Edit Album dialog box?
You can include the template text if you like by choosing the appropriate option from the drop down button.

This is likely because of the Site Url you've set in Site Info > Page Setup in yourStage template. It should be /test/ if you wish for it to link to those pages in your 'test' site.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-01-12 06:11:29

rod barbee
Website

I just noticed you're using phplugins to manage your navigation. That means you've got the url wrong for those to items.
The page source code shows /contact.php and /about.php. Those should be /test/contact.php and /test/about.php

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2016-01-12 06:12:02

chris

To answer:

The "pages-gallery" slug album was created with 6 images.

I have corrected the text issue. Thank you.

I asked about the menu because it (the template) can find the galleries just fine, just not about or contact, but I can make the necessary changes with no problem.

#5 2016-01-12 06:23:17

chris

I had not checked phplugins.  I have fixed now. So all that remains is the slideshow.

#6 2016-01-12 06:35:07

rod barbee
Website

So have you published more than one image to the album with the "pages-gallery" slug?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2016-01-12 06:47:58

chris

Yes. I have published 6 images.

#8 2016-01-12 07:14:41

rod barbee
Website

Regarding the slideshow images:

When you're in Lightroom and you're looking at the album in Publish Services, are all images under the Published Photos heading? Are some of them under a New Photos to Publish" heading?
If so, click on Publish.

If they're all under the Published heading, can you try this:
go to Publisher settings (right click on the TTG CE4 Publisher instance and choose Edit Settings
Under "Other Publisher Options", make sure that "Push metadata without updating existing photos" is UNCHECKED.
Click Save.
A confirmation box will come up, you can just click "Leave As-is"

Go back to the "pages-gallery" album.
Select all images.
Right click on one of them and choose "Mark to Republish".
Click on the Publish button.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2016-01-12 07:18:16

rod barbee
Website

Regarding your phplugins managed navigation:

Are you planning on using the drop-down navigation for your galleries? If so, you need to clean up the code a bit. The default code for drop-down galleries using autoindex should be used. Modify the links for Products, Blog, etc. as needed. But the code for the Galleries should remain as coded.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2016-01-12 07:41:39

chris

All the images were published.

I tried as you suggested, that is, turn-off "Push metadata without updating photos", saved, left as-is, and republished all images, but still no love.

I have added /test/ sub-directory to the about, and contact menu items and all is well there. Thanks.

#11 2016-01-12 07:52:23

rod barbee
Website

Hmmm. I've got a couple of ideas.

first, the Galleria slideshow can be broken by improper file names (names with spaces or non-standard characters) or by descriptions that contain things like quote marks or parentheses. Usually, the show just looks broken (no images showing) but I can see the images listed in the page source code. In this case, I can only see one image. So can you check those out.

another thing to try: change the order of images, making another image the first one. To change order, move the image in Lightroom and republish it. You can re-check the "Push metadata..."  box if you want for this.

another thing to try: create another Publisher template using CE4 Gallery. Upload it to the /ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder.
Switch the "pages-gallery" template to this new CE4 template. I want to see if the images show up.

and one other thing to try is to completely delete the stage-based album and create a new one.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2016-01-12 10:43:45

rod barbee
Website

Question: Just wondering if Galleria works for you in Pages?
Make sure Galleria is enabled in Pages and that you've got enough images in the filmstrip to create a slide show. Then disable the feature that allows Publisher replacement of Home page.
This is just to make sure that Galleria is working as it should in pages. I can see already that it's not working as expected in your Stage template.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2016-01-12 11:23:54

chris

I have made the four changes suggested in your second to last reply, and again no love.

I have since implemented the last reply's change and find that galleria is working there as you can see.

I am stumped.

I am ready for the next suggestion.

Thanks for the help, and sorry that this isn't easier.

#14 2016-01-12 13:06:30

rod barbee
Website

this is really weird.
the Galleria show on Pages works as expected. (keep that there for now)
Your Stage template configured for Galleria works as expected: http://www.emergent-visions.com/test/tt … -galleria/

But the Publisher created Stage album used for the pages-gallery is not working as expected, with only one image showing:
http://www.emergent-visions.com/test/ga … s-gallery/

I took the liberty of looking at your ttg-be Publisher database and I can see that there are several images assigned to the 'pages-gallery' album. I don't understand why they're not showing up.

have you tried publishing any other Galleria Stage albums? It might be worth trying. Try using your current template as well as a completely new one.

when you switched the template of the 'pages-gallery' to a CE4 gallery template, did more than one image show up in the grid? your 'test' album on the Galleries page looks to be working as expected.

It looks to me that this is a Publisher issue. So I'm going to have you look at this page:
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help
and then send your logs to Ben. Refer him to this forum topic. Hopefully he'll be able to figure out what's going on.

with any luck I'll just feel real stupid when this turns out to be something obvious staring me in the face..... wink

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2016-01-12 13:31:13

Matthew
Administrator
Website

On the front end, the page appears to be working normally. The reason the slideshow is showing one image is because there is only done image in its data array:

{
        image: "http://www.emergent-visions.com/test/galleries/pages-gallery/photos/clc_120918_002526_M.jpg",
        thumb: "http://www.emergent-visions.com/test/galleries/pages-gallery/thumbnails/clc_120918_002526_M.jpg",
        title: "",
        description: ""
    },

Now, you say there are other images in the database, so ... not sure why they wouldn't be listed here.

Is it possible there's a duplicate entry for "pages-gallery", either in CE4 Publisher or in the database? For the former, be sure that only one album has "pages-gallery" for a slug.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#16 2016-01-12 13:34:21

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Out of curiosity, when you exported CE4 Pages, was this the image you had assigned to the Home page? And is that Home page setup to use the Galleria slideshow? I believe we're seeing the native CE4 Pages Home page, and not seeing the publisher-managed album at all, rather than seeing it breaking. Those would be two separate problems.

Matt

#17 2016-01-12 13:36:58

Matthew
Administrator
Website

In your CE4 Pages settings, please go to the Appearance pane, scroll down to the section titled "the Gallery", and verify that the option "Allow page replacement by CE4 Publisher" is set as "Yes".

Matt

#18 2016-01-12 14:48:27

rod barbee
Website

Chris, can you check your pages-gallery album settings in Publisher and look for the pagination setting (items per page)? Looking at the database it appears that it's been set to 1 image per page. If that's the case, change that to a large number and see if that fixes things.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2016-01-12 23:08:35

chris

I truly appreciate all of the input. Rod, you will be happy to know that the last idea (set images per page to greater than 1) did the trick. I didn't think of that for whatever reason because the slideshow only shows one at a time. Anyway, that solved the problem and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Yea.

Now on to the next thing...

Thanks again.

#20 2016-01-12 23:18:46

rod barbee
Website

Good to know. That was a stumper. But it will certainly help in future troubleshooting!
Glad it's working now smile

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer