Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-07 05:50:19

mjenich

CE4 Settings in Web Mod/Publish Ser. not transferred to new catalog

Every year I make a new LR catalog and designate it by the current year e.g. “2016”. I keep all catalogs on an external Hard Drive. This year I have a new drive as the old one was full. When I made the new 2016 catalog and put it on the new drive some things transferred but the most important things did not. My presets transferred. My CE4 TTG work that was developed in the Web module and in Publish Services did not.
1.    Should the CE4 settings in the 2015 Web module and Publish Services have transferred to the 2016 catalog? If so, is there a setting that I missed to will allow me transfer them? If there is no setting is there a work flow problem that I missed that would allow the transfer to 2016?
2.    If the answer is that they should not have transferred then, Is there an easy way to manually transfer the settings from Web Module and Publish Services in the 2015 catalog to the 2016 catalog. I’m thinking about a hack.
3.    If the questions above are not on the right path, what are my options?

#2 2016-01-07 06:15:32

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Settings in Web Mod/Publish Ser. not transferred to new catalog

Publish services are catalog specific. But you can use the Lightroom Voyager plug-in to move Publisher collections from one catalog to another.
https://alloyphoto.com/plugins/lrvoyager/

Collections are also catalog specific so any saved web galleries in the Web Module are catalog specific.
However, if you save those as Templates in the Templates Browser, you should have them available in all catalogs as long as you're not storing presets with catalogs (Edit > Preferences: Presets).
The images in the saved web galleries won't be there, but all the settings will.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-01-08 07:42:21

mjenich

Re: CE4 Settings in Web Mod/Publish Ser. not transferred to new catalog

I got Voyager and it worked extremely well. I was a bit surprised and am very happy. Thanks so much for the recommendation. Also...
I had saved my work in the web module as templates in the Templates Browser and I did not save my presets with the catalogs. So everything was as you described and therefore is working. I'm making extensive notes of this process so next year I will not need your help. I hope. Lightroom and all it's plug ins continue to amaze me. It's such a great program but there's a lot of work to understand it and be able to take advantage of it's capabilities. Again Thanks. Cheers!

Board footer