Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-01-06 02:08:27

HaraldJ
Website

Can I configure the CE4 Search to cover all metadata fields?

In CE3 I have been using Google Custom Search. It costs money and is tricky to configure.

In CE4 the database search in Publisher seems to be an ingenious solution, and it works, but it seems to cover only the Caption field.

Is there a way to make it cover all metadata fields? After Rod found out that G**gle Translate was responsible for nasty problems with Cart and Gallery, I'd prefer to have a G**gle-free CE4 website!

Thanks!

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Harald Joergens Photography
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#2 2016-01-06 09:34:06

rod barbee
Website

Re: Can I configure the CE4 Search to cover all metadata fields?

this should answer your questions: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ith_search

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2016-01-07 04:12:25

HaraldJ
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Hi Rod,

The reason I'm asked is that the search doesn't seem to work as described:

On my CE4 test subdomain I have one gallery, you can see in the long line of text the title, caption, date/time and image number:

BCN Marathon Challenge 2014: (Title)

Remains of the Houghton (Chemical) Arm on the Old Main Line, close to Spon Lane Junction (Caption)

24 May 2014 at 20:21, image #1 (Rest).

The search works as expected for every word in the Title field - "Marathon" shows all the images.

But none of the words in Caption has any search results, so I'm wondering if Caption is really searched, or if I configure the search to include Caption.

Thanks!

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#4 2016-01-07 04:44:18

rod barbee
Website

Caption should be included. I'm wondering if the parentheses or other characters in the caption could be messing up some javascript?

I see you've got some other scripts running (besides the translation script you've disabled). Can you try disabling all non-ttg scripts and test again? If it starts working, then start enabling things until you find where the conflict is.

The only configuration settings for Search are those found in Publisher settings in TTG-BE

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2016-01-07 17:54:59

HaraldJ
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Caption should be included. I'm wondering if the parentheses or other characters in the caption could be messing up some javascript?

I see you've got some other scripts running (besides the translation script you've disabled). Can you try disabling all non-ttg scripts and test again? If it starts working, then start enabling things until you find where the conflict is.

The only configuration settings for Search are those found in Publisher settings in TTG-BE

Hi Rod,

Thanks! I've tried with all non-TTG scripts disabled (they are all in phplugins), and it doesn't make a difference.

The SQLite database does contain all the correct Caption fields, so it should be searchable, but that doesn't seems to happen.

Is there a way to find out if that's a bug or a feature? If it's meant to be this way, I would have to use G**gle Custom Search again.

Cheers

Harald

Harald Joergens ARPS
Nutfield, Surrey, UK

#6 2016-01-07 21:48:59

rod barbee
Website

The caption data should be searchable. It works fine for me and I've seen no other reports with this problem. It appears to be a problem specific to your setup.

Ben's going to need to look into it. I don't know if he'll need the logs but he'll probably need Admin access to TTG-BE and perhaps FTP access.
See: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer