Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-12-28 04:44:02

Kubicixfactor

Placing text above images

OK, finally got around to getting my web site(s) under construction - but the text on the pages is below the image - is there something obvious I've missed here? I want it to be above.

Last edited by Kubicixfactor (2015-12-28 04:44:34)

#2 2015-12-28 08:02:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: Placing text above images

What setup are you using (home page slide show, etc)? Is this the home page or the other pages? 

In the Appearance control pane you can assign the positioning of the grid area for each of the different page types: the Gallery, the Autoindex, Contact, etc.

If you're using a single image, scroll down to the Media Area section of Appearance. There you can assign the still image to be below or above content.

If it's something else you're trying to do, be sure to post a link to your site so we have something to look at.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-12-28 19:10:32

Kubicixfactor

Thanks Rod, this is for the contact page. What I want is for the contact details input boxes to be on the right, my text on the left with image below that text also on the left. The image just seems to want to be below the form and text, or above it. Just getting used to CE4 so it's all a bit new (I'm used to working with divs). I'm sure this is something I'm missing. Is this a case of embedding some html? Here's the page: http://swatts.org.uk/contact.php

Last edited by Kubicixfactor (2015-12-28 21:31:30)

#4 2015-12-28 22:33:45

rod barbee
Website

You'll need to insert the image into the text area with html.
You'll also probably want to style it either with inline styling or by putting it in a div and adding a class for custom css.
(to use custom css you'll first need to enable phplugins and enable custom css)

Just be sure to look at the results on mobile devices. Right now, on smaller devices, the contact form will fall below the text. If you add an image below the text, then the contact form will be pushed even farther down the page.

You can use custom css and media queries to better control that behavior.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer