Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-28 03:33:29

MartinS
Website

Unable to use circle or feedback icon links or enlarge thumbnail

Having become used to CE4 publisher working and working and working faultlessly for months on end (and amazed at this) I decided to install CE4 CRG yesterday. As a reasonably seasoned TTG user I managed to follow all the documentation to the letter and get all software in the right places alongside fellow templates, plugins, etc both on pc and server. And I had hacked a gallery template (not the first time) to use as a CRG template, saved it using the CRG engine etc etc all with success but for some password conflicts which I think I can get to the bottom of eventually.

But now I am stumped by some error undoubtedly caused by my own mistake somewhere. My published gallery (which shows in the page source online "meta generator CE4 Client Response Gallery 6.1.2., via Publisher") refuses to let the viewer use the circle or pen icons or to click on the thumbnail for an enlargement. I cannot figure out why not. In the Client Response Setup the checkbox "Enable Image Selection" is checked, as is the "Enable Feedback Features".

Can you perhaps suggest where I should start looking to remedy any mistakes or conflicts? Thanks!

I should add that a sample (problematic) gallery can be seen at http://martinsharrott.com/AADR/AADR-CRG/ and the temporary logins are infoATsharrottDOTcom and mediahuis

Last edited by MartinS (2015-11-28 03:36:16)

#2 2015-11-28 04:23:12

rod barbee
Website

Re: Unable to use circle or feedback icon links or enlarge thumbnail

It looks like you're using the Share Resources with TTG CE4 Pages feature. you need to make sure that your Pages installation is up to date. The current version is 7.0.14

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-28 04:35:54

MartinS
Website

Hallo Rod, thank you for your reply. I do indeed have the "share resources" box checked somewhere. My LR web engines display "Version 7.0.14" when I select the CE4 Pages engine top right in the web module. I am pretty sure I am using all the latest versions of the software everywhere.

For what it is worth: I note that the circle and pen icons work fine in the LR preview window, just not in the published gallery. I had not tested them in the preview window before. The pen icon generates a nice-looking comments form as it is no doubt supposed to do.

Last edited by MartinS (2015-11-28 04:51:39)

#4 2015-11-28 06:56:17

rod barbee
Website

well something is off.
I tried checking to see if all the jquery was being loaded. Trying to look here:
http://martinsharrott.com/lib/js/jquery-1.11.3.min.js
I get redirected to your galleries page. This is likely causing the problems.

You could try making sure that file is where it's supposed to be and if not, upload it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-11-28 16:16:37

MartinS
Website

Well, I see that all 20 files in the js directory on the server have the same date; in my case 22 January 2015, when I must have installed them. The jquery file is jquery-1.11.0.min.js so is clearly a bit older. Presumably this is critical?

Now here's a strange thing. When I search my TTG software downloads in my pc, I do find the 1.11.3 version in several packages. I currently run, according to LR's web module top right box,
Pages 7.0.14  (I have 7014a although the "a" is not mentioned in LR)
CRG 6.1.2
Auto Index 7.0.7
Stage 6.1.4
Gallery 6.1.8

So perhaps I have at some time neglected to upload to the server, or have uploaded incorrectly, these new js files. I find the same older 1.11.0 version in the js directory in my Stage files online. And in the gallery template which the sample gallery, mentioned earlier, uses, and elsewhere too. In fact, as far as I can see, version 1.11.3 occurs nowhere on my server.

Does this then imply that all templates should be re-exported to the server when a new version of the software is installed, to keep them inline with the pc?

#6 2015-11-29 01:10:27

rod barbee
Website

Right now your site is running Pages 7.0.12 as can be seen by looking at the source code.

<meta name="generator" content="CE4 Pages 7.0.12, 10 published images" />

Be sure to export a 7.0.14 version and re-upload.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-11-29 03:14:35

MartinS
Website

Thank you for this advice. I will do as suggested.

#8 2015-12-02 01:23:09

MartinS
Website

Having updated Pages and all other software to the latest versions (however minor the difference) the CRG seems to work as intended. The reason the large single image link was not working in CRG was due to it not being standard programmed to work in the CRG engine; only the mobile "Large Image Presentation" was supplied as "Magnific"; the "Presentation: desktop" was blank ("out of the box) and now that I have chosen Magnific there too, the single image is generated as in all my other galleries. I don't dare to use a CRG in the real (client) world until I am really sure it is how I want it so perhaps I shall have more questions later. But for now, thanks Rod and colleagues.

#9 2015-12-02 02:13:21

rod barbee
Website

In CRG, the default Large Image Presentation for Desktop is Highslide Slideshow. I don't know how yours ended up being blank since an empty field is not an option. Possibly a Lightroom quirk. I've never seen it happen before.

But anyway, it was the missing jQuery. This problem happens when using the Shared Resources option and forgetting to keep Pages updated.
Just remember to update your Pages installation every time Matt releases and update.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer