Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-14 04:10:15

theomolenaar

Headers in Mobile versions

I have changed my template galleries. Different logo, album name in header etc. and republished.

However in the mobile versions the headers have have not changed. In the autoindex they have.

#2 2015-11-14 04:14:20

rod barbee
Website

Re: Headers in Mobile versions

try targeting the mobile galleries too?
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … e4_engines

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-14 05:02:00

theomolenaar

targeting for what? I changed character sizes, the graphic identity plate and its role in the LR template editor. I can see how to target mobile galleries for the change in the phplugins. But not how to make mobile change the roll of the identity plate (e.g).. And the identity plate itself ?

I tried saving the template with the new identity plate and the classic thumbnails. Then changing the thumbnails back to masonry. But the identy plate does not change at all..

Last edited by theomolenaar (2015-11-14 05:30:42)

#4 2015-11-14 05:31:24

rod barbee
Website

maybe just try adding it to the if () statement?

if (G_STYLE == 'CE4-GALLERY' || G_STYLE == "CE4-MOBILE') {

I don't know if this is what's needed but it's worth a try. I had assumed that the mobile version would just inherit what was being sent to the desktop version since it always has for me.

When you activated phplugins for your gallery templates did you upload the entire exported folder or only just the index.php files? Just asking because that might explain why the mobile version is not being affected.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-11-14 07:16:47

theomolenaar

The issue was about the album name in the heading. But what I was wondering about in my previous post is why the old graphic identity plate was stil there..  I do not really get it, but somehow the identityplate also changed now that I added mobile !! Thanks a lot !!

Phplugins has been activated from the start and  uploaded from the first time. I always export and upload load up the entire template directory.  So when I changed the phplugins file like you suggested it worked right away. Maybe i'd better start exporting new directories and delete the ld ones first on export....

#6 2015-11-14 08:05:47

rod barbee
Website

Phplugins has been activated from the start and  uploaded from the first time. I always export and upload load up the entire template directory.

My question was specific to the autoindex named 'galleries' that you exported and uploaded to the site.
this one: http://test.theomolenaar.nl/galleries/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-11-14 21:37:20

theomolenaar

Ok

Yes that one also. That was in the initial setup. I found these lines in the autoindex file:

<h1><span><a href="/">Pictures of a big world</a></span></h1>

<h2><span>Travel photography by Theo Molenaar</span></h2>

Since these lines are not there and the H2 that is included in the Phplugins thing that you suggested is showing I can only conclude that the field  . ALBUMTITLE . has no value so nothing is shown. That makes sense ofcourse since there is no album on top of this level. I tried adding a line like 'if albumtitle is empty then fill 'Pictures of a big world' but did not manage the syntax. Have to do some more reading....

#8 2015-11-15 00:57:29

rod barbee
Website

Hmm. Replacing the masthead via phplugins is working in Album Sets in my test environment. Using the same code.

All I can suggest is to double check that you've enabled phplugins for the 'galleries' autoindex and that the path is correct.

Or perhaps the conditionals you're using exclude autoindexes?

can you post the code you're using?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-11-15 01:33:41

rod barbee
Website

Oh, and in my test environment the mobile.php album pages are using the masthead replacement code.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer