Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-10 23:34:32

Ken
Website

How to modify home page?

I remember a feature in pages that allowed me to select from several different home page styles. For example a single photo plus text on the home page or alternatively, a photo slideshow (several photos appearing one after the other) plus text. How do I access these settings?

I can not find these settings. I just updated all of my TTG4 components (▪ CE4 Auto Index 7.0.7 ▪ CE4 Cart 3.1.3 ▪ CE4 Gallery 6.1.8 ▪ CE4 Pages 7.0.14, ▪ CE4 Stage 6.1.4). It has been a year since I have modified my website, and I have to relearn how to use some of the TTG4 LR settings.

I assume that I can still change the type of website homepage, or has this changed?

#2 2015-11-10 23:58:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: How to modify home page?

I remember a feature in pages that allowed me to select from several different home page styles. For example a single photo plus text on the home page or alternatively, a photo slideshow (several photos appearing one after the other) plus text. How do I access these settings?

You can assign an image to each page in Pages from the Color Palette control panel.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … tent_setup

You can also assign different features to the different pages in the Appearance Control pane. For example, if you want a slideshow on your home page, go to Appearance > the Gallery and choose a gallery type and assign it to the home page.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … es_gallery

I assume that I can still change the type of website homepage, or has this changed?

not sure what you mean

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-11-11 01:37:33

Ken
Website

Thanks Rod,

If I use the Galleria Slide show on my home page, is there a method for specifying which photos to use in the slide show? I set up a collection of photos that includes specific images I want to use only on other pages in my website plus it includes the ones I want to use only in the slide show. I can not figure out how to set this up so that the correct photos are used in the slide show and on the other web pages. If I tell it to use all filmstrip photos, then the slide show includes photos I do not want to use in the slide show. If I tell it to use selected photos, the ones I only want in the slideshow, then it does not use the correct ones for the other pages. How do I work around this?

Thanks for your help.

#4 2015-11-11 01:47:58

rod barbee
Website

If I use the Galleria Slide show on my home page, is there a method for specifying which photos to use in the slide show?

the photos in the filmstrip, minus those assigned to the pages (Contact, Services, Info, etc), are used for the slide show

What I typically do is place all the images that will be used for the various pages of Pages right at the beginning of the filmstrip. This makes them easier to assign to the pages.
For example. I'm using the  Home, Galleries, Info, About, and Contact pages. I don't have any images assigned to Home or Galleries, just to Info, About, and Contact.
The first three images in my filmstrip are assigned to those pages. The rest would show up in a slide show.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-11-11 02:12:33

Ken
Website

that's what I thought I was doing, but I did something wrong. Now it is working.

Too bad there is no way two use a two column layout on the home page and have the slide show in the left column and the sidebar text to the right.

Thanks again for your help.

Board footer