Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-23 09:28:20

alfredb

Hide non-Publisher page from autoindex

Have at last gotten around to converting my site to CE4.

I need to hide a 'help page' for my cart galleries from auto index. Have created the page from the galleries template as it allows my thumbnail examples to be viewed with highslide (could not find a stage gallery similar to the CE3 Standard used previously). Would like to keep the page under my galleries folder for organizational purposes, but auto index adds it to my list of galleries.

The way I see it my options are to either move this page (folder) to my root or publish it via Publisher with 'Hide from Auto Index' checked, except if someone has a quick phplugins (or other) solution. Any suggestions? Thanks

#2 2015-10-23 10:40:59

alfredb

Re: Hide non-Publisher page from autoindex

Apologies. Re-read the Auto Index behaviour and deleting the autoindex.xml in said folder solved the problem. If anyone has a more 'elegant' solution I would like to know.

#3 2015-10-23 10:44:50

Ben

All that Publisher's 'Hide from Auto Index' option does is remove (or not add) the file autoindex.xml into the album to be hidden.  Removing that file from your non-Publisher album should hide it from the parent Auto Index.  If you're not sure about whether you want the gallery listed in the future, then it's safer to rename autoindex.xml instead, for example to autoindex.xml_hidden

#4 2015-10-23 11:09:57

alfredb

Thanks Ben. Hoping to go live in a day or so. Still have few niggles. Will read through the CE4 documentation first for any solutions. Time to put the camera down for a bit and wrap my head around the TTG lingo.

Board footer