Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-10-01 15:18:21

wcm490
Website

Highslide not working, Image info not showing

I have tried a number of things and cannot get galleries working properly. Sometimes Highslide will work and sometimes not. I cannot get the image info to show up on the thumbnails or in the slide show (when it works). Both of these appear correct in the Web Module preview. My older galleries work fine, but anything new is goofy. I think I have all of the latest updates.

I save the Gallery template to the template browser and I export the template to a folder and then upload it to the ttg-be/templates/galleries folder on the server.

When the slide show doesn't work, clicking on the thumbnail brings up an image like the slideshow does, but no buttons anywhere and I have to use the back button to get back to the galleries thumbnail page.

Last edited by wcm490 (2015-10-01 15:37:31)

#2 2015-10-01 22:49:31

rod barbee
Website

Re: Highslide not working, Image info not showing

hard to tell without something to look at. can you provide a link to a gallery that's not working as expected?

However, the kinds of problems you describe often occur due to improper file naming.

I save the Gallery template to the template browser and I export the template to a folder and then upload it to the ttg-be/templates/galleries folder on the server.

Just to be clear, the User Templates that you save to the Template Browser are not the same thing as a Publisher Template and are not what you need to upload to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/
Templates used by Publisher are an exported CE4 Gallery or CE4 Stage (for albums) and an exported CE4 Autoindex (for Album Sets)
(it's unclear from you post which of these you're using)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-10-02 01:03:20

wcm490
Website

rod barbee wrote:

hard to tell without something to look at. can you provide a link to a gallery that's not working as expected?

However, the kinds of problems you describe often occur due to improper file naming.

Just to be clear, the User Templates that you save to the Template Browser are not the same thing as a Publisher Template and are not what you need to upload to /ttg-be/templates/gallery/
Templates used by Publisher are an exported CE4 Gallery or CE4 Stage (for albums) and an exported CE4 Autoindex (for Album Sets)
(it's unclear from you post which of these you're using)

I can see your confusion. Pretty well fried by this time of the morning. Spent the better part of a week on this thing, starting with bumping into Godaddy's mod_sec rules and having to beat them over the head and shoulders for 12 phone calls totaling around 6 hours over 4 days. After 3 failed tries (including an email that it was fixed) I learned that when TW cable changes my IP, I could have to go thru a portion of this again.......I am now using BlueHost with no problems.

I did export Publisher Gallery and AI templates and copied  them to the proper ttg-be/templates folders. The troubling gallery is at picsandprints.com > Galleries > Test1. Slide show not working and in the Web module under Image Info, I have the Title and Metadata1 set to filename. That shows up fine in the preview, but not on the web page.

Another gallery not working for the Image Info displays is Galleries > Spoiled Doves of Texas > Spoiled Dove Events > Vista Verde Ranch > Free Downloads.

Whatever I can do to help you help me......Thank you so much in advance. Before this fiasco, TTG was working great and I love the plug-ins.

Bill

#4 2015-10-02 01:08:49

rod barbee
Website

Your album is using the "Share Resources with TTG CE4 Pages" feature. This requires that you keep CE4 Pages up to date on your site. Your site is using 7.0.10. The current version is 7.0.15.

So your album is looking for a version of jquery that is not there. Try updating your Pages installation to the current version. That should fix things.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-10-02 02:01:59

wcm490
Website

rod barbee wrote:

Your album is using the "Share Resources with TTG CE4 Pages" feature. This requires that you keep CE4 Pages up to date on your site. Your site is using 7.0.10. The current version is 7.0.15.

So your album is looking for a version of jquery that is not there. Try updating your Pages installation to the current version. That should fix things.

I have 7.14a installed in the Lightroom/Web Galleries folder. That was done over a week ago, so what's up with that?

I also can't find a DL link for 7.0.15

#6 2015-10-02 02:07:00

wcm490
Website

I checked in the Web module and it shows 7.0.14 as the Pages version.

#7 2015-10-02 02:18:31

wcm490
Website

May have something. Just found this in the documentation.

I have this set to No. Is that the problem?

In CE4 Pages, under the Appearance > the Gallery control group, locate the option “Allow Page Replacement by CE4 Publisher” and enable it:

#8 2015-10-02 02:28:06

wcm490
Website

Well, I may have missed a crucial step. I see instructions to "export CE4 Pages and upload to the Web". Where do I upload it to?

#9 2015-10-02 04:06:03

rod barbee
Website

I checked in the Web module and it shows 7.0.14 as the Pages version.

But what you have online was created with 7.0.10. You can tell by looking at the page source code for the home page. Near the top.

I have this set to No. Is that the problem?

In CE4 Pages, under the Appearance > the Gallery control group, locate the option “Allow Page Replacement by CE4 Publisher” and enable it:

No. Just export Pages again and upload.

Well, I may have missed a crucial step. I see instructions to "export CE4 Pages and upload to the Web". Where do I upload it to?

Just upload it like you initially did. Actually, you probably only need to upload the lib/ folder.
So export Pages again. Then upload the lib/ folder to the root of your site. This should overwrite the lib/ folder that's already there, depending on the settings of your FTP program.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-10-02 04:08:29

wcm490
Website

OK!!! I had not worked on my web site in months, and had completely forgotten about uploading pages. This may fix everything......

#11 2015-10-02 05:30:11

wcm490
Website

OK Rod, Thank you so much. I had just figured out how to check the versions in the source code when I read your post. You nailed that one and set me on the right direction. I also found that I had missed one setting in the Web module for making the file info show up. So, after many frustrating hours, TTG rocks again!!!

Board footer