Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-28 03:01:45

graham

TTG-BE Admin installed but page blank

Hello there.

I am brand new to TTG Gallery, but have run into a problem that I am hoping you can help solve. I have installed the TTG-BE component on my Linux server (Gridhost.co.uk). When I go to the ttg-be/admin/ page I am faced with a totally empty page (nothing in the source).

I have changed the permissions on all the files and directories in the ttg-be directory to 755, but still nothing.

I have WordPress installed in the directory above where ttg-be is installed.

Obviously I don't want to post the URL to the TTG-BE install here, but if anyone thinks they might be able to help I can maybe PM/email you the details.

I am at a total loss.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Graham.

#2 2015-05-28 03:10:32

rod barbee
Website

Re: TTG-BE Admin installed but page blank

For just CE4 Gallery, you don't actually need TTG-BE. But if you're going to use Publisher or the Cart, you will.

But if you can post a link to your site, that could help in diagnosing things.

Are you sure your host is gridhost.co.uk? Because when I try going there I get a 404 error

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-05-28 03:49:23

graham

Rod, thank you for replying.

I am trying to install the cart component and that is where it is going wrong sad

I have installed at http://proofing.grahamcrichton.com/ttg-be/admin/

Gridhost (Vidahost) are the hosting company. I am on their cloud servers. I emailed them to check I met the mimimum spec and they thought I did, so they are just checking and getting back to me.

Kind regards,
Graham.

#4 2015-05-28 04:03:24

rod barbee
Website

It's probably going to be a server issue that Ben's going to need to look at. In the mean time, you can try changing permissions to 777 and make sure that your host has all the necessary modules enabled:

Hosting
Linux OS
Apache server
PHP 5.2.6 or newer, with SQLite and PDO modules enabled

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-05-28 04:11:11

graham

Thanks Rod.

The hosting company just confirmed the server met all the prerequisites as outlined in the documentation. I have set the permissions to 777, but that hasn't done anything.

The PHP version is 5.3, but they can downgrade/upgrade it if required they say.

Kind regards,
Graham.

#6 2015-05-28 04:28:22

rod barbee
Website

Ben's going to need to take a look. You might save some time by sending him an email or PM . He may need ftp access to your site
http://community.theturninggate.net/user/101/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-05-28 05:22:41

graham

Hi Rod,

Thanks for that. Just dropped him an email.

Weird thing is, the hosting company just emailed me to say that the page loaded fine for them a wee while ago and then went blank again.

I tried in IE (I was using FF) and the page title was a Error 500. But I can't seem to find any error log or anything.

Graham.

#8 2015-05-28 06:54:27

rod barbee
Website

As Ben will tell you, those 500 errors can be a tough nut to crack. But he seems to be pretty good at it.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-05-28 19:50:19

Ben

500 errors are tough, since they give us no information to help work out the problem.  They're relatively easy to track down with FTP access though, by following the code until the offending line appears.

Graham, I've replied to your email on this. 

For anybody else watching, the underlying issue is in attempting to save sessions to ttg-be/data/sessions/, instead of the directory configured by the host.  This failure occurs despite the directory existing and being writable.  Unfortunately, I know of no way of discovering why PHP refuses to save sessions there.  This is the second time I have come across this in the lifespan of CE4, which is many fewer issues than we previously encountered when trying to save to the hosts' default session directories.

Solved by commenting out the line that sets the session save path.

#10 2015-06-08 09:06:11

eshoppy

Interesting reading this post. I have exactly the same problem.
I am with vidahost and was on their old servers with cPanel access. Everything was fine.
Now they have moved my site to the cloud servers (gridhost) and the ttg-be/admin does not work.
Worst is, my contact form does not work.

My web site is www.katrinnodop.com.

Can you let me know which line I need to delete in order to get mine going again?

Thanks
Katrin

#11 2015-06-08 16:14:08

Ben

Hi Katrin, it did turn out to be the same problem that Graham had.  It also turns out that you are using the same host.  Do you know the URL of the host?  I will try to contact their support to get a understanding of what may be the cause.  gridhost.co.uk is not loading, if that is the correct URL?

I have applied the same fix, by commenting-out this line in ttg-be/framework/helpers/AuthHelper.php so that it now looks like:

//ini_set('session.save_path', CORE_DATA_DIR.'/sessions');

I can now see the contact form and login to TTG BE on your server.

The downside to this is that this fix would need to be applied after any updates to TTG BE.  Luckily TTG BE is not updated frequently - there have only been two updates in the last year.

#12 2015-06-08 16:30:53

eshoppy

Hi Ben

Thanks a million. It does work now. I do get the contact form and the ttg-be admin login.

Gridhost.co.uk is the cloud server run by www.vidahost.com and their support email is support@vidahost.com
I will inform them of this change.

I will take note of that line and change it for all future updates and on my other sites.

Many thanks again
Katrin

#13 2015-06-08 18:05:22

Ben

Hi Katrin, I'm glad that's working.  I have made a further change to that file, which detects the host and skips that line for hosts that are known to have problems setting the session.save_path.  With that check, there shouldn't be a need for you to edit this file after future updates.  For now that includes gridhost and netregistry.

There is no harm in not being able to set the session.save_path.  That line itself was a work-around for hosts that have misconfigured session.save_paths, a frequent source of install problems.  Your host does not suffer from that problem.

#14 2015-09-14 20:59:47

deeley_s

Folks
Never responded that this fix worked for me. Many thanks

Board footer