Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-09-05 01:43:19

jonnyrunn

Feature Request - Re Ordering

We make coffee table books and we use your plug in to allow our clients to make notes and deletions to the photos being used in their books. One of our biggest struggles is changing the order of the photos. Right now clients just tell us things like "Move photo 7 to around photo 200". Is there any possibility of a way to move the order of photos around. Would that be a functionality that could appeal to any other users?

thanks!

#2 2015-09-05 06:04:17

rod barbee
Website

Re: Feature Request - Re Ordering

You can already do this.

If you're exporting and uploading your CRG galleries, then just change the position of the photo in the filmstrip. export again and upload. You should only have to upload any index.php files. If you've got pagination going on, upload all of the index.php files (index-1.php, index-2.php....)

If you're using Publisher, change the position of a photo in the grid view and mark that image for republishing. Then republish.
In Publisher set up you can check the "Push metadata...." box so that the entire image won't have to be republished.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-09-05 06:08:25

jonnyrunn

Sorry, I meant for the client to rearrange on the web site. I know I can change on my side and upload again. Any ideas on that?

#4 2015-09-05 06:17:24

rod barbee
Website

then no. There's no client interaction other than feedback.
Since the album/gallery is controlled by Publisher in your Lightroom catalog, that's the only place a change can be made.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-09-05 13:45:26

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Sorry, but the CRG doesn't have the backbone for drag-and-drop functionality. User sequencing of images is architecturally impossible as the gallery currently stands. Nor does Lightroom provide any API for reordering images from the outside.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer