Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-20 01:03:11

jwlimages

Gallery view

Is it possible to build a gallery template that behaves slightly differently?

As it works now, clicking on the Galleries link from the home page loads a page which shows a list of galleries. Then clicking on one of those galleries loads a page showing thumbnails of all the images in the gallery, and you must click on one of the thumbnails to load the single image view.

Is there any way to change this so that clicking on the thumbnail/name of the gallery goes directly to the single image view, bypassing the page of image thumbnails? (I suspect not, but thought I'd ask anyway)

I'm probably going to have to investigate whether image galleries can be nested, too - but that's a separate question...

Thanks,

John

#2 2015-08-20 01:08:01

rod barbee
Website

Re: Gallery view

It depends on the presentation you're using. Highslide has an option to auto-launch the slide show (it's called Autoplay on Page Load)

I'm probably going to have to investigate whether image galleries can be nested, too - but that's a separate question...

Yep, use autoindex to create sub-indexes inside of other indexes. The Galleries page is an index so you can place autoindexes inside of the galleries/ folder and galleries, or even more autoindexes, inside that autoindex folder.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-08-20 01:28:36

jwlimages

Hi Rod,

OK, I will look at the auto-launch option. Thanks.

On this one --

Yep, use autoindex to create sub-indexes inside of other indexes. The Galleries page is an index so you can place autoindexes inside of the galleries/ folder and galleries, or even more autoindexes, inside that autoindex folder.

-- are you referring to placing auto index(es) inside the galleries folder inside TTG BE's Templates folder? (using Publisher)

Thanks again,

John

#4 2015-08-20 01:34:40

rod barbee
Website

are you referring to placing auto index(es) inside the galleries folder inside TTG BE's Templates folder? (using Publisher)

If you're using Publisher that's where you'd start. Except that the autoindex exports would go into the /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder, not the /ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _templates

Then in Publisher, create an Album Set. The autoindex you uploaded to the ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ folder will be available to use as a template.
Then you can add albums or even more album sets to that album set.
This is how my albums are arranged on my site

If you're not using Publisher, then you would export and upload an autoindex (as many as you need) into the galleries/ folder or into other autoindex folders.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-08-20 01:38:18

jwlimages

If you're using Publisher that's where you'd start. Except...

-- OK, got it. Now to try to make it work...
Tx,
John

#6 2015-08-22 02:57:52

jwlimages

Well, just to make matters more complicated...

The template I want to use for the nested galleries is CE4 Stage (using the reel panorama display). Is this possible?

Using Publisher, would I prepare by uploading both the Stage template and the Auto Index template into /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ or am I not following the logic of how to use Auto Index?

Sorry if I'm being obtuse about this...

John

P.S. what I'm really trying to do is to work around the fact that the Stage reel panorama module stacks multiple panos vertically on one page. To avoid this I'm making each pano a separate gallery. Then to avoid cluttering my main galleries page, I want a single pano "gallery" link to load another page with just the panorama galleries.

#7 2015-08-22 03:20:31

rod barbee
Website

The template I want to use for the nested galleries is CE4 Stage (using the reel panorama display). Is this possible?

you can use Stage as a gallery template for Publisher.

Using Publisher, would I prepare by uploading both the Stage template and the Auto Index template into /ttg-be/templates/autoindex/ or am I not following the logic of how to use Auto Index?

You're not following wink

Stage templates need to go into ttg-be/templates/gallery
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ith_albums

To do what you want, create an Album Set called "panos" or whatever you want to name it.
Inside this Album Set place your Stage pano galleries, each with a single panorama image.

For the Album Set, you can set up your autoindex template in the Iconic layout, setting the aspect ratio to best match your panoramas
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … uts#iconic
You may need to create some custom thumbnails to represent each pano in the index. Maybe not though. The thumbnails generated by Stage may do the job.
It should end up looking pretty nice.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2015-08-22 03:48:06

jwlimages

Thanks again Rod.

I seem to learn how to do this only after I've done it...

John

Board footer