Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-08-05 12:41:12

pjtraveler

"Search" not showing up in menu

The menu width has been increased to hold the new "search" item, however there is no menu item present, hidden or otherwise.
Search actually exists in that I can enter the url manually and it brings up the search window.

Second issue is that FavIcon is not displaying in home pages, but does display in the search window (with manual url).

I have tried several variation of pages and the nav (open new window or not, drop down for choosing search, manually typing search).

Using PAGES 7.0.14
Website
PatrickLynchPhotography.com
PatrickLynchphotography.com/search   {this works when manually entered}

I am assuming that this is pilot error somehow and would appreciate guidance,
Thanks,
:-)

#2 2015-08-05 13:46:46

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: "Search" not showing up in menu

I suggest disabling slideshow autoplay for your search results template.

There's no search item in your source code, so you've probably not updated your site correctly. For example, maybe you've added a Search item to the menu in Lightroom, but have since forgotten that you're using PHPlugins to manage your menu, or vice versa. Also, it seems to be there on the Galleries page.

Also, mind your filmstrip. You've got at least one page looking for an image to display that doesn't exist in your export.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2015-08-05 15:06:16

pjtraveler

Thanks,
I will look into the issues. :-)
I am surprised by the export comment, having done it many times over the years and many times on this one.
in LR I update the template with current settings, export it (with permission to over write), FTP contents up.  Already moved the search folder from publisher to public_html to the root.

I am using PHPlugins, but I'm not using any features from it (I was going to do bread crumbs, but you already support that). 

I will try the suggestions and see if I can narrow down the issue.

Thanks, :-)

#4 2015-08-05 15:10:21

rod barbee
Website

be sure to update the navigation of the Stage template you're using for your home page gallery too

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-08-05 15:53:19

pjtraveler

OK,
1) added a gallery without slide show
2) Although SEARCH shows up in the menu in LR in the web module, there is no search.php file generated on export of the PAGES template..
3) Search and Favicon both appear on pages other than home page, but not on the home page.
4) I do have PHPluggins enabled, but that is all that I do (I also have it configured so that all instances are shared), but I don't have anything using PHPluggins unless PAGES does it behind the scenes (other than converting it to .php rather than .html)

Looking forward to more thoughts,
Thanks,
Happy to mail you the template if you want to look at it.

#6 2015-08-05 16:01:56

Matthew
Administrator
Website

CE4 Pages doesn't generate a search.php file. If you add a menu item, it should be on your pages. For that to appear in gallery templates, then you need to add it to your templates as well.

Matt

#7 2015-08-05 17:06:29

pjtraveler

Mat,
Thanks for the clarification on CE4 not generating a search.php from Pages.

1) in Pages I specify Search as a new menu item.  For each of the pages generated, except the Home page, Pages adds the new menu item.  But, on the Home page, it does not generate the menu item.

2) I have added Search as a menu item  in the gallery template, and that seems to work fine.

3) Favicon is not generated for the Home page, but is generated correctly for the other pages by by CE4-Pages.

How can I narrow the problem down, whether it  is configuration issue on my side, or bug.

Thanks,

#8 2015-08-05 17:54:55

Matthew
Administrator
Website

1)
I think that's because your Home page isn't managed by CE4 Pages, but by a publisher template (allowing you to publish images to your Home page via CE4 Publisher). In which case, you need to update the template from which your Home page is sourced.

3)
The Home page template is correctly fetching its favicon. Perhaps you've forgotten to provide an alternate address to your custom favicon in the template.

Matt

#9 2015-08-05 18:31:03

pjtraveler

Yes,
I do have Publisher for my home pages (a very nice feature by the way!),

Checking on the gallery template (Stage) for items.

Thanks,

#10 2015-08-05 19:16:13

pjtraveler

Bingo, that was it !

Mat,
I suggest adding some additional material in documentation for Search that addresses setting up search when using publisher.

Thanks

Board footer