Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-28 06:01:00

JulesG

Directory galleries

I'm installing the CE4 Blog & Galleries Bundle as per instructions found in A Beginner's Guide to the CE4 Blog & Galleries Bundle.

I'm at the stage Setup a Publisher Instance and I don't know where to put the /galleries/ folder.  Check Authentication works fine if I put it at the top level but the instructions say to do this if you have CE4 Pages which I don't have.

The other option is to use any auto index folder and I don't have a top level auto index folder.  The only auto index folder I have is here: .../ttg-be/templates/autoindex.

Where should I put the /galleries/ folder ?

Here is my structure

structure.jpg

Thanks for helping me
Jules

#2 2015-07-28 06:45:02

rod barbee
Website

Re: Directory galleries

doesn't matter if you don't have CE4 Pages. Use Autoindex to create your galleries folder.
(the tutorial covers that here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … auto_index )

It should be at the same server level as ttg-be

what is your "gallery" folder made from? If it's an autoindex, just use that at your top-level galleries folder.

also, links to your site always help so we can get a better idea of what you're trying to do.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-07-28 07:36:14

JulesG

OK - If I understand well, the Auto Index template exported as /galleries/ will be used as the top level galleries folder.  I find it somewhat confusing that the auto index becomes a gallery...  I guess I'll get used to the terminology.

I haven't included a link to my site because I haven't finished the installation.

Thanks for your help.
Jules

#4 2015-07-28 07:44:27

rod barbee
Website

OK - If I understand well, the Auto Index template exported as /galleries/ will be used as the top level galleries folder.

yes

I find it somewhat confusing that the auto index becomes a gallery

It doesn't. It's an index for your albums. It's going to be where Publisher puts all your albums and album sets. It's also the page your visitors will go to to access your albums.
(anything in the Lightroom Web Module is considered a "gallery" (Adobe nomenclature), whether it is a gallery or not.)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-07-28 08:20:15

JulesG

I'm learning...

Board footer