Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-23 03:51:05

sileibo

Page Builder

Sorry guys - I'm back for another few rounds!

I'm using the free version of Page Builder (or Beaver Builder - I believe).

I'm working on this ...

http://www.ce4.photostomp.co.uk/about/

I want to get rid of the default page heading "About" and also the bit at the bottom of page where it says "Edit" with the pencil icon and the also the two lines below that!

If I go to TOOLS > Global Settings it says I can turn off the default heading, but I need to enter the 'CSS selector for default page heading' - so what and where is that please?

.fl-post-header    - seems to be entered at the moment, but the heading is still appearing.

(Then also, how to deal with the bottom bits as above)

Thanks!

#2 2015-07-23 04:30:22

rod barbee
Website

Re: Page Builder

the edit with the pencil icon is easy: you're visitors won't see it. It only appears when you're logged in to your site.

Getting rid of the page title is just slightly less difficult. You'll almost always find a plug-in to do whatever you want. Here's one I found with a quick Google search: https://wordpress.org/plugins/hide-title/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-07-23 04:49:19

rod barbee
Website

one of those lines at the bottom (the top one) is a horizontal rule <hr> that looks to be at the bottom of all posts.
If you wanted to remove that I think you'll need to do it with custom css. But that will remove lines between all posts.

the other line (the bottom one) is a border at the bottom of the page. Check your border settings in Color Palette

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#4 2015-07-23 05:35:11

sileibo

thanks!

Hide Title worked a treat!

Is it generally cool just to Google and trust all Plugins? - I read somewhere to be paranoid of bad code, hacking and viruses etc

RE: the line at the bottom - Where is Color Palette > Border Settings? - I can't find it anywhere!

thx again

#5 2015-07-23 05:47:54

rod barbee
Website

with WordPress plug-ins you can check user ratings as well as number of installs. Another thing to check is the last date of update. If it hasn't been updated for quite awhile you might want to steer clear.

RE: the line at the bottom - Where is Color Palette > Border Settings? - I can't find it anywhere!

It's in Lightroom's Web Module in Theme for WordPress, near the top of Color Palette under the Mantle and Core Width controls

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2015-07-23 17:49:48

sileibo

I'm not overly bothered about the two lines at the bottom of my page - I have more pressing matters!

But just for the record ... I can't find anything in the Color Palette, (or anywhere else in LR for that matter) that effects these lines.

(the lines between the posts further up the page, I have inserted myself)

#7 2015-07-24 00:43:47

rod barbee
Website

one of those lines is a border for a WordPress page. Using the browser's inspector, it looks like the selector it .type-page.

The other line a horizontal rule <hr>. No specific class to target though that I can see.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer