Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-20 10:09:52

trav.d.hale

Sub-Pages

Hello,

I am about to look at re-designing my site, and want to have a separate section for Panorama's which use something like OpenSeaDragon.

My question is, if I had one Panorama I could have the one page which essentially shows the specific Panorama, but I actually want to have one page which is like an Index of my Panorama's and then another page for each Panorama.

e.g.

Home
--About Me
--Galleries
--Galeries -- Auto-Indexs
--Info
--Panoramas
--Panoramas -- Mt Dandenong
--Panoramas -- Berwick
--Panoramas -- Other
--Contact

So my question is, whilst I can create a new page in the Lightroom for the Panorama's e.g. the Index Page, how do I create another template page that is essentially blank in which I can enter my OpenSeaDragon code, and then on the Index Page for the Panorama's I would just enter another Link to the new Panorama's?

Hopefully that makes sense?

#2 2015-07-20 10:14:33

rod barbee
Website

Re: Sub-Pages

how do I create another template page that is essentially blank in which I can enter my OpenSeaDragon code,

One thing to try is to see if you could simply insert the code into the Page Content (md) field of the block. If it's straight html this might work.
Otherwise you'll probably need to use phplugins and replace either the block or the grid. You could do this in Autoindex or Stage I suppose.
If you have a lot of panoramas, you'll end up having to do a lot of conditional php coding so that you send the right panorama to the right page.

and then on the Index Page for the Panorama's I would just enter another Link to the new Panorama's?

Use the Autoindex Enabler for this.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-07-20 13:27:36

trav.d.hale

I could have it wrong, but doesen't the Auto-Index enabler essentially run more or less the Gallery.

The issue is not the Gallery, as I will have this and the Auto-Index running, but specifically in a specific part of the website I will have my own image gallery with a different viewer since they are tiled panorama's, so don't want to show the TTG gallery / AutoIndex, but I do want to keep the same page design (e.g. colours, links and so on).

#4 2015-07-20 13:48:19

rod barbee
Website

I could have it wrong, but doesen't the Auto-Index enabler essentially run more or less the Gallery.

No. It enables the Autoindex to "see" non-ttg galleries. The instructions for use are in the plug-in.

so don't want to show the TTG gallery / AutoIndex, but I do want to keep the same page design (e.g. colours, links and so on).

Then you need to somehow embed the panoramas into a TTG page. That's where phplugins comes in, unless you're using another tool to create HTML or php pages and embedding the panoramas into those pages.

One thought comes to mind. Are these panoramas able to be embedded into a WordPress page using a WordPress plug-in? If so, use Theme for WordPress to design the pages and whatever plug-in works with this software to embed the panos.

Then use Autoindex Enabler to create the links in a TTG Autoindex page.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-07-20 13:56:56

trav.d.hale

Thanks Rod, looks like phplugins is the way to do this.

Board footer