Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-04 04:32:38

kmcintyre
Website

Watermarking - Publisher vs Publisher Albums vs Gallery Templates

Hey, all!  I am toying around with watermarking my images on my website and I am a little confused about the Watermark settings.  We have them in various places and I am just trying to understand what their role is and what is really needed.  What really controls when a watermark is generated?

1. Publisher Plug-in: There is an option to enable watermarking and select which one
    NOTE - The setting to push metadata without uploading photos in Publisher is UNchecked
2. Publisher Album:  On the Features tab, there is a setting for Watermarks To Apply
    There is also an option on whether to apply watermarks to thumbnails
3. Gallery Template:  there is a setting under Output Settings -> Image Renditions for watermarks
     Also under Appearance -> Thumbnail Grid there is a watermark option for thumbnails

I can configure the Gallery Template to apply a watermark on Output Settings and configure my Publisher Album to use that specific template.  However, watermarks are not imprinted on the images until I change the Publisher Album watermark setting from Managed by Lightroom to the specific watermark I configured in the template and re-publish.  Is this the expected behavior or should I be able to control watermarking exclusively through the Gallery Template?

Sorry for the confusion!

#2 2015-07-04 06:23:34

Ben

Re: Watermarking - Publisher vs Publisher Albums vs Gallery Templates

Hi, the watermarking for Published galleries are entirely controlled within Publisher.  If your album settings are left as 'managed by Lightroom' then the Publisher instance's setting is applied.  If set to a specific watermark within an album setting, then that watermark will be applied.

(Taking this further, there is an undocumented way of controlling watermarks per rendition, by manually adding <watermark> tags to a template's setup.xml file, like this:

<rendition>
    <maxHeight>1200</maxHeight>
    <maxWidth>1200</maxWidth>
    <renditionPath>photos-with-watermark</renditionPath>
    <resizeType>wh</resizeType>
    <quality>0.69</quality>
    <colorSpace>AdobeRGB</colorSpace>
    <watermark>My Custom Watermark</watermark>
</rendition>

)

#3 2015-07-05 06:39:54

kmcintyre
Website

Re: Watermarking - Publisher vs Publisher Albums vs Gallery Templates

Ben, thanks for the reply!  That definitely answers my question.

Board footer