Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-25 00:30:20

nordi

procedure for updating

What is the exact procedure for changing the outlook (not the photos) of a gallery?

1. I change the parameters in Lightroom under Web, actualize it in the template.
2. Delete the old template-folder under the templates of the gallery.
3. Save the new, updated template under the templates of the gallery. (Otherwise I would have all versions!)
4. Upload per ftp to the template folder of gallery on the server.

Should the existing galleries now be changed by the new parameter of the template? Or do I have to publish all the galleries too in Lightroom under the TTG CE4 Publisher?

How is the procedure for changing parameters of an autoindex?

1. Change the parameters in Lightroom under Web, actualize it in the template.
2. Delete the old template-folder under the templates of the autoindex.
3. Save the new, updated template under the templates of the autoindex. (Otherwise I would have all versions!) I delete the folder phplugins-sample.php.
4. Upload per ftp to the template folderof autoindex on the server.

Should the existing autoindices now be changed by the new paraemter of the template? If I would delete the folder of the top-gallery all my albums would be deleted too. So I could copy alle subfolder and files under the template to my top-gallery!?

If you look under http://body-paint.at/fotos/ you see 2 albums:
1) Kuerbis: I deleted the album in Lightroom under TTG CE4 Publisher and ceated a new one. I has the old parameters!
2) Bodypaint-Galerie: I uploaded per ftp from the exported gallery to my topgallery folder. It is the newer version.

As you can see, there are differences:
- The thumbnail is different big.
- There is no white frame around the thumbnails.

Another question: How do  I get the white frame around the thumbnails in the gallery? It is not controlled by the autoindex? I have under Thumbnail Grid the Thumbnail Border White. Where can I state the Border itself?

#2 2015-06-25 03:49:01

rod barbee
Website

Re: procedure for updating

you can make design changes to your current template, export it, and upload, overwriting your existing template. This will intantly change all your existing albums using that template.

Should the existing galleries now be changed by the new parameter of the template? Or do I have to publish all the galleries too in Lightroom under the TTG CE4 Publisher?

Albums will be instantly changed. No need to republish UNLESS you've change any of the image rendition sizes.

1) Kuerbis: I deleted the album in Lightroom under TTG CE4 Publisher and ceated a new one. I has the old parameters!

that album is using a template named BP-GalleryStandard. Is is supposed to be using something else? If so, make that change in Publisher Services > Album > Edit.

Another question: How do  I get the white frame around the thumbnails in the gallery?

In CE4 Gallery > Appearance > Thumbnail Grid > thumbnail border checkbox

But if you're talking about your index page (Fotos), then it's in Autoindex. Appearance > choose Descriptive for index type > Album Thumbnail Border

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-06-26 01:36:43

nordi

Hi Rod!

--------- GALLERY -------------

- When you export it, you have to delete the existing current template on your PC, otherwise you have more versions on the PC!?
- You can always delete the subfolder phplugins-sample .

So I changed the number of columns from 6 to 5 in the template and it was changed at once in the albums. OK.

In Lightroom I have the iconic

How can I have a white frame about the iconic thumbnails in the gallery (not AutoIndex)? I don't get it either in Lightroom too.

---------AUTOINDEX---------------

I changed my template for AutoIndex in Lightroom, exported it (after I deleted my old version on my PC), delete the folder phplugins-sample and then uploaded it to the template of autoindex. As you can see, I have the top-Autoindex (http://body-paint.at/fotos) and a sub-autoindex abstrakt with an album too. The last one I created in Lightroom by create a set of album. The result was that the change was seen only in this subset, not in the topfolder. So I uploaded the files and subfolder of my template per FTP under the top-Gallery (after I had deleted them). Is there not a better procedure? On the line "TTG CE4 Publisher" in Lightroom there is no line to publish the folder again.

Bye

#4 2015-06-26 02:31:09

rod barbee
Website

- When you export it, you have to delete the existing current template on your PC, otherwise you have more versions on the PC!?

No. When you export, click on the existing exported gallery and then click on "Choose Selected". You'll be asked to confirm that you want to overwrite.

- You can always delete the subfolder phplugins-sample .

yes, if you wish. It doesn't hurt anything to leave it though.

How can I have a white frame about the iconic thumbnails in the gallery (not AutoIndex)? I don't get it either in Lightroom too.

custom css

The result was that the change was seen only in this subset, not in the topfolder. So I uploaded the files and subfolder of my template per FTP under the top-Gallery (after I had deleted them). Is there not a better procedure?

fotos/ is a stand-alone autoindex acting as your top level gallery. If you make changes to the design for that page you'll need to export and upload it again. (no need to delete anything, just overwrite the previous export and upload the same folder to the same place on the server)

the design for the sub indexes created with Publisher rely on the autoindex you've uploaded to ttg-be/templates/autoindex.

the index for your top level (fotos) folder is Publisher's target folder. This is where it puts all albums and album sets that it controls. Publisher does not control the top level folder other than to put albums and album sets inside of it. Your Publisher templates cannot control the design of the top-level folder.

On the line "TTG CE4 Publisher" in Lightroom there is no line to publish the folder again.

Sorry, not sure what you're getting at

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-06-26 18:56:58

nordi

Thanks for the answers.

I don't know what should be the difference between Iconic Layout and why it is not possible to select the size of the thumbnails. If I don't selct Iconic Layout, I can have a Thumbnail Border. In this case the resulting thumbnails are too big. When I selected Cell Padding bigger than 6 there is no changing of thumbnails itself. Only the border is smaller now and it is within the thumbnails! I exported it and it was in the Browser visible too. Meanwhile it functions, I don't know why.

The Thumbnail Border is not valid if you select Iconic Layout. I have corrected the size of Cell Width and Cell Height with Cell Padding in order to get the size of the thumbnails I wanted.

Bye

Board footer