Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-24 05:30:18

sileibo

Multiple Wordpress Pages

At the moment the foundation of my site is evolving from TTG Pages.

However, I want to use TTG Wordpress as the backbone for two or three of the pages within my site.

What is the sensible way to manage this?

It would certainly be nice to manage content from one Dashboard, with one set of Plugin installs etc.

Does that imply going down the 'Networked' Wordpress route?

(or, and I'm thinking allowed now ... can't I have two pages, one Static and one Blog, from within the one TTG WP theme - which will also integrate with other TTG Pages pages?)

#2 2015-06-24 06:59:53

rod barbee
Website

Re: Multiple Wordpress Pages

you can create as many pages with WordPress as you like. If you want them accessible from your main site menu, just add them to the navigation items in Pages (and all your publisher templates or galleries and indexes).
If you plan on doing this, it would be easiest to manage your navigation with phplugins so you won't have to keep adding navigation items to Pages and all of your galleries or album templates.

Another option is to make WordPress the backbone of your site and use its navigation menu functionality. Matt has a tutorial on doing that here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=ce4_102

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-06-26 02:58:22

sileibo

Ok, I'm back ...

rod barbee wrote:

you can create as many pages with WordPress as you like. If you want them accessible from your main site menu, just add them to the navigation items in Pages (and all your publisher templates or galleries and indexes).
If you plan on doing this, it would be easiest to manage your navigation with phplugins so you won't have to keep adding navigation items to Pages and all of your galleries or album templates.

Most links are not yet active, but this is what I have so far ...

http://www.ce4.photostomp.co.uk/index.php

So, everything was done in Pages, then Wordpress was installed in an 'About' folder.

And that link works and I built the About page in WP.

And now, I'm getting to like this Wordpress business, (especially with the addition of your Beaver Builder suggestion).
And I can see lots of reasons to build various pages from in WP.

So, would it be better practice to put WP in a top level folder called Wordpress. Then change the TTG Pages links to Wordpress/about
etc, for all pages that I want to build in Wordpress.

Is that a good philosophy?

(Then follow the tutorial and try to use phplugins to manage the navigation afterwards)

rod barbee wrote:

Another option is to make WordPress the backbone of your site and use its navigation menu functionality. Matt has a tutorial on doing that here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku.php?id=ce4_102

Yes, I am beginning to wonder if Wordpress as backbone, might not be the better way to go though?

#4 2015-06-26 03:13:18

rod barbee
Website

for some people, using WordPress for most of their site and TTG autoindex/gallery/publisher for the rest works great. Only you can answer what works best for you.

So, would it be better practice to put WP in a top level folder called Wordpress. Then change the TTG Pages links to Wordpress/about

I think that would be confusing.

If you want to use WordPress for your About page, what you've done makes as good as sense as anything else, though you could have achieved the same results with the About page from Pages and then just use WordPress for your blog and perhaps other pages you might need.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-06-26 07:23:20

sileibo

rod barbee wrote:

you could have achieved the same results with the About page from Pages and then just use WordPress for your blog and perhaps other pages you might need.

My html and CSS is not up to achieving these same results in Pages .... but I did find the Beaver Builder to be pretty straight forward, Im attracted to build other pages in WP as well.

I think that would be confusing.

sorry, but I can't see why that is more confusing than putting other random pages in a sub directory of the About page?

#6 2015-06-26 07:39:58

rod barbee
Website

If it's not confusing to you, then by all means do it. I just found it a confusing way of doing things.

My html and CSS is not up to achieving these same results in Pages

Well, if you ever want to try it, let us know. The code is just basic html mixed in with Markdown (or you could use all html if you prefer). If you're interested, I've got more here:
http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … lock-text/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-06-26 15:22:34

Matthew
Administrator
Website

sileibo wrote:

Yes, I am beginning to wonder if Wordpress as backbone, might not be the better way to go though?

For my personal site, I keep Wordpress in its own /blog directory, but I use it to create nearly all of my pages, as well as run my blog. I use Pages to create my Home page slideshow and Galleries page (auto index) only.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#8 2015-07-01 15:42:18

sileibo

Matthew wrote:

[
For my personal site, I keep Wordpress in its own /blog directory, but I use it to create nearly all of my pages, as well as run my blog. I use Pages to create my Home page slideshow and Galleries page (auto index) only.

For the Publisher managed Full Screen Flip Home page thing, I should just use TTG Pages with the Gallery page assigned as Home?

(I don't need to use TTG Stage?)

#9 2015-07-01 16:12:00

Matthew
Administrator
Website

You should setup Pages as described; you will need CE4 Stage to create the gallery template for publisher to use; CE4 Pages cannot do this on its own.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer