Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-06-17 05:29:24

dmasuda

CE4 Pages: Contact Page loads as a blank page

Greetings,

My Contact page loads fine in Lightroom, but on the live page (www.bunkhousephotography.com), clicking on the Contact link just takes me to a blank white page. I'm at a loss...

Anticipatory thanks,

Dave

#2 2015-06-17 05:59:42

rod barbee
Website

Re: CE4 Pages: Contact Page loads as a blank page

that's bizarre. Can you try exporting Pages again and re-uploading the contact.php file?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-06-17 07:39:52

dmasuda

Thanks, Rod.

Gave that a try - no change.

Also, I did try a Pages export to a separate directory - this time with PhPlugins turned off - and same issue.

#4 2015-06-17 07:53:09

rod barbee
Website

Have you tried any of the other pages, like Services, Info, etc? Just to see if they're working as they should.

Can you see the contact.php file on your site using FTP? It should be alongside your index.php and galleries.php files

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-06-17 08:05:32

dmasuda

Rod, part way there!
In the "The Contact Form" section of the Appearance tab of PAGES I had set the Page Assignment to Contact. I switched it to disabled and now the page DOES show up.

Still need to get the form to appear, but working on that...

Dave

#6 2015-06-17 08:44:34

rod barbee
Website

that's still weird. You should be able to set the Contact Form to appear on the Contact page and place it either in the sidebar or the Main Column.

I'm still not seeing the Contact page. If it wasn't even there I'd be seeing a Page Not Found error, but just a blank page is very strange, something I've not seen before.

Do you have anything going on in your phplugins.php file that has to do with the contact page?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-06-17 15:15:30

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The contact form relies on TTG BE. Have you installed this and correctly configured it?

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#8 2015-06-18 00:40:56

dmasuda

Rod and Matthew

1. The About page worked fine (although I've now removed it)
2. There is a contact.php in the location you state.
3. Also looked through the phplugins.php file, however I am entirely naive about php so not sure what I should be looking for. I can send you both the phplugins.php and contact.php files if that might help.
4. TTG BE and publisher are installed and appear to be working correctly. I am able to use publisher from within lightroom.
5. I should add that months ago (not sure if it was before or after CE3 -> CE4 switch the contact form DID work. I went several months without working on the site and so cannot recall exactly what changes I've made more recently such that the form no longer works.
6. Also tried this - I renamed the phplugins folder to phpluginssave and then renamed the phplugins - sample folder to phplugins. Same problem.

Thanks, gents...

Dave

#9 2015-06-18 01:22:18

rod barbee
Website

Did you previously have a contact page from a CE3 installation?
I'm wondering if your FTP program isn't overwriting it. Have you tried completely deleting it and uploading anew?

If you've not done anything explicit to the contact page in phplugins then that's likely not the issue.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2015-06-18 01:45:43

dmasuda

1. Deleted the contacts.php file - get a 404 error
2. Re-exported the Pages files - this time adding in Services, About and Info. Also moved the Contact form from the Contact page to the Services - and now all the pages work except for Services - which comes up blank.
3. Next, deleted everything (expect for the Galleries folder, Galleries.php and the TTG BE folder) and reloaded the Pages export files - still no love…

#11 2015-06-18 05:49:02

rod barbee
Website

have you configured your contact form correctly. I see that you're on Bluehost so the plain mail configuration should be fine and you won't need SMPT settings

It sure seems that something's amiss with the contact form. Many of us are on Bluehost and it all just works so this is a stumper.

One suggestion is to contact Bluehost and ask them if there's something set on your site that doesn't allow forms on pages.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-06-18 15:38:49

Matthew
Administrator
Website

The contact form is presently assigned to your services page? Can you PM me FTP credentials so that I can get a look at your files?

Matt

#13 2015-06-19 04:25:45

dmasuda

Rod and Matthew,

1. I'll PM the FTP credentials to you in a moment, Matthew. And yes, I moved the contact form to services just to see if it would make a difference (which id din't)
2. A moment ago I tried re-uploading bot the TTG-BE directory and the Publisher directory from scratch - still the same problem.
3. Rod, I do have the form set up to mail, not SMTP (Although I did try both - and same problem).
4. I'll wait to talk to Bluehost until Matthew has a chance to go in and look at the FTP site...

Thanks!

#14 2015-06-19 07:56:46

dmasuda

Did have a chat with bluehost - they tell me the contact form (which is currently in the services page) has a php error.

"[18-Jun-2015 16:21:10 America/Denver] PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected 's' (T_STRING), expecting ')' in /home1/bunkhous/public_html/services.php on line 118"

Afraid I don't know exactly in the file where this syntax problem is...

#15 2015-06-19 09:05:43

rod barbee
Website

that will give Matt something to look at anyway.

I'm on Bluehost too and my contact page is working just fine and I don't remember this particular problem ever occurring; it's a new one. So lucky you hmm

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2015-06-19 10:25:39

dmasuda

Well, I pride myself on being unique.  :-)

#17 2015-06-19 21:43:00

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Hi,

So the problem on line 118 is your flavor text:

what's on your mind...?

The apostrophe is causing the script to terminate prematurely, so you'll need to escape it, like this:

what\'s on your mind...?

While I was in the neighborhood, I noticed you were also having cross-domain issues with the FontAwesome icons, so I took the liberty of updating your .htaccess file to address the problem. You will notice that "www" will now always be removed from your URL as part of this, which I reckon is a good thing, and that icons will now display correctly on your Home page slideshow, as well as elsewhere.

Back to the contact form, the Services page is now rendering, though you will see there is no contact form (or anything else) on the page, as you seem to have disabled all content on that page. You will need to ensure that content is enabled in whichever page's settings for "the block", located in the Color Palette control pane.

Matt

#18 2015-06-21 01:08:42

dmasuda

Brilliant! I would never have found that...

Endless thanks, Matthew and Rod...

:-)

Dave

Board footer