Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-27 05:41:54

rsamco
Website

Unable to change album set slug (round 2)

Boy, I can't believe that I'm experiencing this again, after much work with Ben to diagnose/fix a bug giving same symptom in Feb. (see http://community.theturninggate.net/top … -set-slug/). Anyway, here's what is happening:

I created and published a CE4 Gallery album and then decided that it contained too many images. So I decided to break it up into 3 albums (i.e., turn it into an album set containing 3 better sized albums). So I created a new album set which used the same slug but with an "a" appended. I then created the 3 new albums under it, each with a portion of the original album's images. After doing this, I deleted the original album. I then tried to rename the new album set's slug by removing the trailing "a".  I tried numerous times and get:
ce4slugError1.JPG
But one time, I received a warning to the effect: "duplicate slug found ... a number will be appended". I have checked before and after these attempts ... no slug/directory with desired album set's name on server. That is, everything looks copacetic on the server. And why am I getting different symptoms at different times? IMO very strange.

The problematic album set's path is: http://samcos.com/galleries/private/t-2 … -boliviaa/

- Rick

Last edited by rsamco (2015-05-27 06:06:28)

Rick

#2 2015-05-27 06:29:32

rsamco
Website

Re: Unable to change album set slug (round 2)

A further development ...  I thought that all of my CE4 component versions were up to date but I just found that I was still running Publisher v221 with Ben's February fix applied. So I updated to v221a which, given its date, I believe to be the released version of what I was running. Anyway, after doing the update I now cannot re-publish any images in any of the 3 albums under the problematical album set. I get:

ce4slugError2.JPG

Maybe this failure has nothing to do with the update, but I had performed at least one album update/republish successfully before the v221a update.

Rick

#3 2015-05-28 02:39:55

rsamco
Website

In addition, the 3 albums under the problematical album set are broken -- only thumbnail outlines are shown, but none of the thumbnails themselves! These are thumbnails which were already published and did correctly display until now.

Rick

#4 2015-05-28 03:29:43

rod barbee
Website

I noticed that the Galleries link in your breadcrumbs goes to this address: http://samcos.com/galleries/ , which is just a generic index of what's in the folder.
But the issue I'm seeing with this is that the galleries/ folder at that location appears to be a CE3 leftover. It's got a resources/ folder where CE4 uses the lib/ folder.
And there are no albums folders in there either.
So my guess is that the message you're getting, "path was not found", is due to the fact that there are no CE4 files in that folder.

But it's just a guess. It's kind of hard to see what's going on (there's another Bolivia album in your sub-domain and the menu links on the page you link to above go to the sub-domain.)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-05-29 10:45:34

Ben

Hi Rick, can you re-enable the ftp user that you had previously given, and also the TTG BE admin or guest that you had given me previously?  I'll see what I can find.

#6 2015-06-10 02:01:21

rsamco
Website

Hi, Ben -- sorry that I missed your reply (I thought that I was email subscribed to this topic). Your ftp account as been reactivated, as well as the TTG BE user (as admin). I used same <userName>+<password> as previously for ftp account. I didn't save your previous TTG BE login credentials, so just used same as for ftp account (i.e., <userName>@samcos.com+<password>). I'm guessing that this is what I did before.

BTW, since I couldn't wait for a fix, I went ahead and created a new album set (with brand new slug) so I could publish the tree. So the problematical album set is still there, but it is an orphan and will never be used.

R

Last edited by rsamco (2015-06-10 03:54:18)

Rick

Board footer