Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-15 22:47:25

mattinger82
Website

Embed CE4 Gallery (or CRG) into Jimdo Website

Hi evereyone,

I've been using TTG quite a bit the last couple of weeks and really love the
features it provides: fotomoto integration, customer response, photoswipe for mobile, LR integration

My wedding photography website (http://www.licht-und-liebe-hochzeitsfot … de/english) is built using jimdo (css website kit comparable to squarespace) and has a, well let's say, semi-good gallery funtionality and also a size limit of 100MB per gallery.

I've got plenty of webspace and was hoping to simply replace my jimdo gallerys with LR-built TTG galleries hosted on my webspace outside of jimdo and embeding them.
There are plenty of galleries that offer this feature (eg. http://www.cincopa.com/media-platform/html5-gallery) but there's always a major drawback (price, traffic limit, etc) but I'd love to stick with a TTG product if possible.
I've tried integrating the gallery via iFrame, but that's more of a crutch than a solution.

I own publisher, gallery and CRG (all CE4) and would gladly by another module if necessary.

Please excuse my lack of specific knowledge and correct terminology.

I'd appreciate any help I can get.

Cheers,
Mark

#2 2015-05-15 23:07:55

rod barbee
Website

Re: Embed CE4 Gallery (or CRG) into Jimdo Website

If you're trying to embed a gallery in an existing page, you'll probably run into problems
see the requirements

System & Hosting Requirements

System
Mac or Windows PC, running Lightroom 3 or newer.

Hosting
Linux OS
Apache server
PHP 5.2.6 or newer

CE4 plugins are not standalone software, and require Lightroom to run. Content should be published to the Web, requiring a domain name and standard web hosting. Hosted website services such as those provided by LiveBooks, Squarespace, etc. do not qualify as standard web hosting and are incompatible with output from TTG plugins. For quality, affordable, TTG certified hosting, we fervently recommend Bluehost.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-05-16 00:59:11

mattinger82
Website

Hi Rod,

Thanks for your quick reply.
That's pretty much what I wanted to do.

What a pity that won't work.

I wanted to avoid sending clients to a different website in order for them to be able to chose images and order prints.

Cheers,
Mark

#4 2015-05-16 01:05:50

rod barbee
Website

yep, the galleries pretty much need traditional hosting. Others have tried embedding in an iframe but that often just breaks the gallery.

You could try designing the ttg galleries to match the styling of your site. That at least will preserve continuity of design.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer