Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-05-10 20:57:30

bruijnesteijn

CE4 Theme for Wordpress customisation not saved, updates lost

Hi

I think I installed everything as described on the TTG website, basically I am just using the CE4 Theme for Wordpress and want a pretty basic website for publishing photo's from LR.

Now I use LR, goto the WEB tab, see the WP themes in the left column (user templates), example preview in the middle and the CE4 Theme for Wordpress with the sections (Layout Style, Site Info, ..) in the right column.

I selected the CE4 Theme for Wordpress - Gill and started to edit the various sections on the right (URL, title, navigation, ..). Preview looks good. Next I think I need to EXPORT the website (or Create Saved Web Gallery) and created a folder with the files (THEME) and I uploaded the folder to my Wordpress website THEMES folder. Again looks good LIVE.

But now after closing LR or navigating a bit around...I loose the customisation, gone are my settings for URL, title, ... and no possibility to restore my settings.

Am I missing a step, did I do something wrong or missed a step during installation. I assume you should be able to take THEME, customise it a bit, put it LIVE, go back to LR and make some additional customisations, save again etc.

Now I have to start all over again each time? That cannot be right?

#2 2015-05-10 22:22:36

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: CE4 Theme for Wordpress customisation not saved, updates lost

Use the Template Browser to save your customizations as a preset; you can right-click an existing preset to update it. This is standard procedure for all web engines in the Web module. You will find the Template Browser on the left side of the module.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer