Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-04-19 23:38:46

kristenwestlake
Website

Mobile html version issue with adding to cart

Hi,

I've just been going through my Iphone to check functionality of the html gallery for mobile.
All works great except that when I click on the cart icon under the image, the page locks up. I can't scroll down to get to the pricing options. If I click the x on top, next to the verbiage "Add an item to the cart", I am taken out of the cart. At that point if I click the cart icon again, I CAN scroll down to add the item to the cart. .. Unfortunately I doubt many people will figure out to do this.

Is there a way to get the scrolling to work on the first attempt of clicking on the cart icon? .. Perhaps I need to remove the product 'description' and the products will appear higher up on the scroll?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Please test from the safari iphone app or any other mobile .. for example in one of my galleries:
http://www.kristenwestlake.net/galleries/365/april/

Thank you!
Kristen

#2 2015-04-20 01:18:34

rod barbee
Website

Re: Mobile html version issue with adding to cart

Hi Kristen,

Just confirming. I see it happening in Safari on my iPhone.
Seems to work fine in Chrome for iOS though.

Oh, and I'm getting errors on the third image and the last two images. Could be incorrect pricing schemes?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-04-20 01:45:46

kristenwestlake
Website

Thanks Rod for confirming. Wondering I may have to change my mobil back to another format versus html gallery .. but I really like the html sad
Hopefully Ben or Matt will have a solution ..
I just fixed the images you spoke of .. yes, I had left out the pricing scheme. Thank you for alerting me!

Kristen

#4 2015-04-21 00:28:48

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I'm seeing the behavior you describe on my iPhone. Oddly, I'm also not able to load the masonry grid in Safari on my desktop. Which is new; last I tried it, it all worked without a hitch. I don't know whether this is new bugs in recent versions of Safari, or what ...

Unfortunately, the gallery is not throwing errors to the console log, so it's difficult to diagnose what's happening here. I wonder whether Ben might see something I'm missing when he gets a look.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#5 2015-04-21 17:12:54

Matthew
Administrator
Website

My iOS emulator is still running iOS 7.1, and the cart issue does not occur there. It would seem to be iOS 8 specific.

Matt

#6 2015-04-21 18:17:29

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Well, shit. This is embarrassing. Relieving, but embarrassing. Masonry and all works just fine in Safari desktop; I left "Disable Javascript" switched on from the last time I did some debugging, and so it just wasn't running Javascript at all ... so the only issues at hand are that of the cart modal on iOS 8 Safari, and me being an idiot.

The latter, there is probably no solution for. The former, I suspect has something to do with the way that Safari renders the page, measuring its initial width and height on load and not updating those values until certain triggers are tripped. For example, if you rotate the device while the modal is open, Safari is forced to re-measure the content and then you can scroll the modal. So the solution is likely to have the modal trigger a redraw event on launch, though that's easier said than done ...

Matt

#7 2015-04-21 22:19:10

Ben

I've had a look at the scrolling issue, and can't see what may be causing it.  From what I can tell, the HTML markup is identical between the first and second calls to open the dialogue.

A work-around is to change the JavaScript file found in ttg-be/cart/lib/js/jquery.ttgcart-ce4.js so that the dialogue is opened twice on each click.  The second opening should just replace the first.  If you're keen to try this, edit this file: www.kristenwestlake.net/ttg-be/cart/lib/js/jquery.ttgcart-ce4.js

And duplicate the line at line 380, so that instead of this:

that.showModal();

you have this:

that.showModal();
that.showModal();

I can email you the file if you're not comfortable editing it.

Board footer