Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-20 04:40:18

kristenwestlake
Website

Landing Pages via CE4 Pages?

Hi,

I'm reading a lot about creation of landing pages. Are these pages supposed to be on a person's website or on another site with links back? .. if they are intended to be on one's own site, has anyone using the CE4 page template created landing pages within their site? 

One would think if a person has carefully implemented SEO on each gallery page, each gallery would act as its own landing page. SEO is so tricky and complex these days. Where it used to be easy to be ranked, today its tough!

Thanks for any input!

Kristen

#2 2015-03-20 05:49:16

rod barbee
Website

Re: Landing Pages via CE4 Pages?

At one point I was thinking of making landing pages with Stage or Autoindex. Not really sure what I'd do with one.

But the way you could do it is create a page without header, navigation, grid, aor footer, and then just place what ever text/html you need in the Copy Block. Or insert it with phplugins, depending on what the page is supposed to do.

I suppose you could create a landing page for one of your print specials. I'm not sure exactly how you would get people to land on it though unless you're taking out advertising and providing the link to the page (kristenwestlake.net/JuneSpecial/ for example) in the ad.

Then on the page you'd have text and images about your special and a big ol' button that leads to your Galleries page or where ever you want your prospective client to go. It might take a bit of html and css, maybe even some scripting if you needed some sort of customer interaction (other than clicking on a linked button).

Another thought would be to use WordPress. You'd need a child theme of your current theme and then copy a page template into the child theme folder. You'd need to alter the template to remove header, navigation, sidebar, and footer and save it as a new page template. It would then be available in WordPress as an additional Page template. This way might be the most flexible as you could use WordPress short codes to insert all sorts of things like contact forms, etc.

I actually had this on a list of possible blog posts to create. Maybe I'll write it up.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-03-20 06:13:02

kristenwestlake
Website

those are GREAT ideas Rod!!! Thank you!

Yes, it would be a great instructional blog if you wrote it up!

Thank you!
Kristen

#4 2015-03-22 02:18:23

rod barbee
Website

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-03-24 02:15:59

kristenwestlake
Website

thanks Rod!

Board footer