Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-15 07:17:16

andacar
Website

Add Stage animation to the Contact page?

I'd like to add a looping Stage animation to my main CE4 Pages Contacts page. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#2 2015-03-15 08:33:18

rod barbee
Website

Re: Add Stage animation to the Contact page?

maybe...via phplugins.

I guess it depends on what it is you want to insert. Can you be more specific? There may be an easier way than what I describe below.

If it's something that you want to create via Stage, then the way I'd approach it would be to create the Stage page with whatever you want in it. Put it on line or on your local machine via a virtual server (WAMP, MAMP, XAMPP).
Then look at the page source in the browser. Find the part that contains your "animation" and copy all of that code. (store it temporarily in a plain text file)
See if there is any scripting that's running the animation. Note where on the page it's located, copy and add that to the temporary text file. This might take some guesswork or trial and error.
(You'll also need to think about the images and where you'd store those online. And you'd need to adjust any paths to those images in the code you copied.)

in the phplugins.php file, use the CE4_PAGES_CONTACT G_STYLE Identifier to target the contact page.
then place all the code you copied into the temporary text file into the phplugins.php file using the appropriate hook.

I'm guessing you'd need to hook the animation into the grid area (ttg_grid_top). The hook you use for any script depends on the location in the page where you need to insert it.

Maybe Matt or Daniel will come along with a better idea....

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-03-15 10:31:40

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: Add Stage animation to the Contact page?

It's not clear to me what you want to do. Can you explain it better?

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer