Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-03-05 22:23:26

sportfoton
Website

Publishing service on two computers

Hello,
I would need help installing Publishing Tool on a laptop.
I will have with me the laptop when I send live pictures to magazines , etc.
I understand I can not send pictures to the same album from both computers , but it's not important to me . I want to create an album within an album Set and upload images to this album. I want to install as little as possible on the laptop.
I have installed the following on my desktop computer .
CE4 -Auto index
CE4 -Gallery
CE4 -Pages
CE4 - Publisher
CE4 - TTG -BE
CE4 -Cart
What do I need to install in order to do that I describe above ?
Thanks in advance .

#2 2015-03-05 23:04:24

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publishing service on two computers

you won't be able to publish to an album set that was created with a different catalog. You could create a new album set from the laptop's catalog and publish to it.

If all you need to do is to create albums and album sets from your laptop, you should only really need to have Publisher installed. Give it a try and see what happens.

Just set it up to publish to the same top level gallery as your desktop catalog. It will have access to all the templates you've already uploaded to ttg-be/templates/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-03-05 23:34:40

sportfoton
Website

When I shall make an album , I get the following error "Unable to perform action: getSetupForTemplate Message: Unable to authentication"

rod barbee wrote:

you won't be able to publish to an album set that was created with a different catalog. You could create a new album set from the laptop's catalog and publish to it.

If all you need to do is to create albums and album sets from your laptop, you should only really need to have Publisher installed. Give it a try and see what happens.

Just set it up to publish to the same top level gallery as your desktop catalog. It will have access to all the templates you've already uploaded to ttg-be/templates/

#4 2015-03-05 23:39:27

sportfoton
Website

Where can I find API key ? Is it the password to my ftp ?

sportfoton wrote:

When I shall make an album , I get the following error "Unable to perform action: getSetupForTemplate Message: Unable to authentication"

rod barbee wrote:

#5 2015-03-05 23:50:52

rod barbee
Website

you should use the same API Key that your Publisher installation on your desktop is using. The TTG default is ttg9999 but I imagine you changed that when you first set up Publisher on your desktop.

You can change the API from the Publisher settings in TTG-BE

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … r_instance

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2015-03-06 00:07:00

sportfoton
Website

Thank you very much for your help . It works to create an album on the laptop.

rod barbee wrote:

you should use the same API Key that your Publisher installation on your desktop is using. The TTG default is ttg9999 but I imagine you changed that when you first set up Publisher on your desktop.

You can change the API from the Publisher settings in TTG-BE

http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … r_instance

Board footer