Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-14 08:10:39

gdanglin

Highslide Comparative doesn't work with Feedback Panel?

Hello Everyone!

I've created a Client Response Gallery with Highslide Comparative and enabled feedback. When I click the feedback icon, the feedback box pops up centered over what appears to be the Magnific presentation. In CRG CE3, it was possible to have the HS Comparative large image up while having the feedback window up as well, and you could move the feedback pane around as well. Am I missing a control somewhere?

Thanks,
Garrett

#2 2015-02-14 09:00:24

rod barbee
Website

Re: Highslide Comparative doesn't work with Feedback Panel?

no, that's the way it works. Though it's not a Magnific presentation, it's just the image

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-02-14 09:23:30

gdanglin

Thanks for the reply, Rod!

Is there anyway (CSS, PHP, etc.) to get the feedback pane to be someplace other that directly over the image? Then at least the client could see the image while filling in the feedback pane. FWIW, it may just be coincidence, but the appearance of the page "behind" the pane changed when I changed the settings in the Magnific settings (I'd switched large image presentation style to see if there might be latent settings...)

#4 2015-02-14 09:38:46

rod barbee
Website

Is there anyway (CSS, PHP, etc.) to get the feedback pane to be someplace other that directly over the image?

not that I know of

The image's thumbnail is also in the feedback pane for reference though.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2015-02-14 13:08:13

gdanglin

Thanks again for the response!

I do think the thumbnail is helpful, but I wonder if it might be useful to do a big image in the feedback pane in the same sort of way as the block or the contact page from the CE4 Pages module (image on one side, text or fields on the other.) In that scenario the client would have a completely uncluttered view of the image with an area to the side in which to comment, rather than the comment pane (mostly, but incompletely) obstructing the view of the image.

This may have morphed into a feature request...

Thanks All!
Garrett

#6 2015-02-14 21:12:13

Ben

Hi Garrett,  can you provide a link to a gallery where we can see this, and preferably upload a screenshot so that we can see what you're seeing?

#7 2015-02-15 16:12:26

Matthew
Administrator
Website

gdanglin wrote:

Hello Everyone!

I've created a Client Response Gallery with Highslide Comparative and enabled feedback. When I click the feedback icon, the feedback box pops up centered over what appears to be the Magnific presentation. In CRG CE3, it was possible to have the HS Comparative large image up while having the feedback window up as well, and you could move the feedback pane around as well. Am I missing a control somewhere?

Thanks,
Garrett

In CE3, the feedback panels popped using Highslide JS. This allowed the panel to be open simultaneously with the image, but had other limitations. For example, Highslide popups cannot be responsive, because they are heavily dependent on the viewport measurements.

In CE4, we are instead using Magnific Popup to open the feedback panel, which allows us to make the feedback panel available on mobile phones -- it's responsive, it's scrollable, and it's altogether more flexible and reliable than it was in previous versions.

Unfortunately, the feedback panel can no longer be opened alongside the full-size Highslide image, but I consider that a small price to pay for many gains.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

Board footer