Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-27 17:04:52

Dieter_Kurth

Publisher seems not to use the template in TTG-be/templates/gallery/

Dear all,
I tried to Update my homepage and had some trouble with that. I got a lot of errormessages ( file not found and others)
Then i decieded to delete the whole directory of my page and start at The beginning.

I installed the folder ttg-be. After that i installed The gallery, crg, Page, wordpress,
After i had done the settings for the crg i hit the Export button and select the folder desktop to my-template. Then i copied this whole folder to my page in ttg-be/templates/gallery/
Then i did the settings for the ttg-be/admin. After that i prepared the settings for the Pages plugin and uploaded that. Then i did the same with the Gallery Plugin and the crg Plugins.

Now if i use the publisher it seems to work, but all pictures are in the homepage/galleries folder and the template from the gallerie and not from the crg are used. My page adress is www.kurth-dueren.de.

If more Informations are needed please let me know.
Thanks for your help
Best regards
Dieter

#2 2015-01-27 23:05:36

rod barbee
Website

Re: Publisher seems not to use the template in TTG-be/templates/gallery/

the first four albums on your Galleries page are using the template: my-template, which is made with CE4 CRG

The last four don't have a template. Have you assigned a template to them in Album create/edit?

What may be happening is that  (I believe) CRG looks for "stuff" in the CRG backend, which should be at /ttg-be/crg
What I think is going on, and Ben can elaborate or correct me, is that you've installed ttg-be in the subfolder "Homepage".
The CRG is looking for the back end component in http://kurth-dueren.com/ttg-be/crg/ but it's not there.

Is there a reason you have everything in the subfolder "Homepage" rather than in the root of the site? In not, why not just put everything in the root of the site?

another issue:

It looks like your Blog was sharing resources with TTG CE3 Pages. The styling is now missing. So either go back to Theme for Wordpress CE3 and uncheck the Shared resources option or upload the resources folder from CE3 Pages back to Homepage/
Or ignore this if you plan on updating your blog to CE4 Theme for WordPress.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-28 03:36:27

Dieter_Kurth

Thank You for your help.
The bigest problem is that my provider maped the root folder to www.Kurth-dueren.com.
The folder Homepage is maped to www.kurth-dueren.de
Also i had big trouble with CE3 because of that maped drive.

I have not updated all gallery files, because of the problem with the wrong template wich is not used correctly.

Also my blök is not updated today.

I need a work arround so that the Publisher is using the crg Template.

Also i Need to know how to use the private menue as a second gallery

Thank you for your help
Dieter

#4 2015-01-28 03:41:56

rod barbee
Website

can you create sub-domains? Using a sub-domain for your site might solve the problem.

Also i Need to know how to use the private menue as a second gallery

not sure what you mean. Are you wanting a private index page where all your client galleries will go?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2015-01-28 04:18:00

Dieter_Kurth

Thank you for your help.

With ce3 i had one folder for a gallerie which was a public folder eveyone could access to that.
The private folder was a second gallerie which had a password protection. In ce3 i created 2 publisher with the two differend folders. So i could decide which pictures i want to have in which folder by putting the new gallery to the Publisher privat or to the Publisher gallerie. This does not work in the moment maybe also because of the subfolder Homepage.

Thank you for your ideas
Best regards
Dieter

#6 2015-01-28 04:57:58

rod barbee
Website

You can still do this. Just create an autoindex for the private galleries page and upload that to the root of the site. As you did before, create a second Publisher instance for that folder.
as long at ttg-be and the other folder are at the same server level (or at least the other folder isn't above ttg-be) that should work.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2015-01-28 06:59:28

Dieter_Kurth

Hello again.

I tried to do that again but the publisher does not upload the images. I got the error Error uploading rendition. (Code: 503)

What I did was copy the gallery.php to privat.php and change the line define('BASE_DIR', './privat/'); maybe I do not understand how to use the auto index to create a privat.php.
If you can explain it it would be nice.

Also I need a work around to set the crg template as a defoult for the publisher. Now he is using the gallery template, but I do not know from where the publisher got that information. Because otherwise I can exchange the Gallery template by the Crg.

Thank you for your help
Best regards
Dieter

#8 2015-01-28 07:40:24

rod barbee
Website

autoindex will create an index.php file inside the exported folder. If you name the export "privat" and upload the entire folder to the root of your site, the url will then just be /privat/  (or, more precisely, /privat/index.php)
Don't bother with trying to change index.php or gallery.php to privat.php

So just use TTG CE4 Autoindex, export and upload the entire exported folder. Add the location to your nav menu and point publisher to the folder.
more on that idea here: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … enu-items/

Also I need a work around to set the crg template as a defoult for the publisher. Now he is using the gallery template, but I do not know from where the publisher got that information. Because otherwise I can exchange the Gallery template by the Crg.

The templates listed in the drop-down are in alphabetical order. You'll just have to click on the down-arrow and choose the appropriate template.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2015-01-28 18:33:01

Dieter_Kurth

Hi again and thank you for your time,

Maybe I am the bigest dummy, but more and more I am running in more problems.

I prepared an LR Export from my gallery After I changed the setting for the Link to the private folder like http://Kurth-dueren.com/Homepage/privat/ and I deleted my handmade privat.php i Export all settings to my desktop called privat. Then i copied the whole desktop folder privat to the adress http://Kurth-dueren.com/Homepage/.
Now If I Open my page and Click on the menue 'privat' then I get the following errormessage
The requested URL /Homepage/privat.php was not found on this server.

Also my other point does become better, but does not work like expected. I prepared a new LR Export for my client response gallery called crg-my-template to my desktop. Then i copied that folder to http://Kurth-dueren.com/Homepage/TTG-be … /gallery/. Now i can chose in the publisher if I want to use the new template in the publisher nothing change on my page. It seems that the publisher is still using a Template from the Gallery and not from the crg. Also changing the setting for the Client response Gallery folder to the new crg-my-template does not change the style of my gallery after I created it new via Publisher.

If I thy to publish a new Gallery to my privat folder from the homepage I get a bugreport from LR but it appears only for 1sec. and then all things looks well but then a errormessage Codes up that the Folder private/Legoland-Deutschland does not exist. Ich checked that the rights for the whole privat and all subfolders are set to 777.

At the Blog I did not change anything Till now, because I want to have First a Running page to use that template as a themes. Maybe Then I have to do it only once.

If some screenshots are needed or some access to my page or some files are needed, please let me know.
Thank you all for your time and effort.
Dieter

#10 2015-01-28 20:58:25

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I'm not sure this is going to work for you while your domains are mapping to strange places. For the system to work, you need to build the folder structure specified in our documentation.

Is there a reason your host is manipulating your domains in this way?

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#11 2015-01-28 23:28:14

rod barbee
Website

Now If I Open my page and Click on the menue 'privat' then I get the following errormessage
The requested URL /Homepage/privat.php was not found on this server.

Change the target in the menu to http://kurth-dueren.com/Homepage/privat/index.php
there's some redirect going on that's trying to send anything directed at privat/  to /privat.php

<html>
    <head>
    <meta charset="utf-8" />
    <title>Redirect</title>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
        window.location = "../privat.php"
    //-->
    </script>
    </head>
    <body></body>
</html>

this might be your host doing this?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#12 2015-01-30 05:32:05

Dieter_Kurth

Thank you very much for your help! I ask my hoster to map my domain Kurth-dueren.de to the domain kurth-dueren.com. Then i started again to install my page.
1. i changed in all LR templates my domain to kurth-dueren.com and all Menü items to for example /index or /galleries.... I did the same changed in the LR Gallery Template, the autoindex, response gallery, wordpress. I load the Pages to my homepage server. Then I put the ttg-be stuff to the root of the server. After that i export the other therms to my homepage.

It seems to run 100% better now.
Only If i use in the Publisher a the crg Gallery Template  to send my Gallery to my privat folder it seems to work. But is i Open that privat Gallery TTG is asking for a e-mail aderss and a password. But i do not know how to avoid that. Because Then i Need to know the e-mail adress in front so that the Person can use that Gallery after i registerd that Mail adress and passwort.
If you want to see the new page please thy http://kurth-dueren.com

Do you have an idea how to change that.
Thank you very much.
Best regards Dieter

#13 2015-01-30 07:34:06

rod barbee
Website

Privat is a password protected autoindex, that's why you're getting the log in screen. Change your settings in the Private autoindex to disable password protection, export, and upload it again.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#14 2015-02-04 05:28:22

Dieter_Kurth

Thank you very much for your help!
I think that I start to understand how it works.
Now it is running fine like my CE3 version did.
Some new Features in the TTG-be are really nice.
Thank you again for your help
Best regards Dieter

Board footer