Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-21 22:12:12

I cannot link the album to my project.

Hi,
sorry for my bad english wink

I've a big problem.

Before, with a CE3, I simple export my client gallery (with inside my email address, and other settings) on my desktop.
Than, I put the directory created (with inside, index, photos, etc) directly on my web site.
So, I give the url to my client : www.mywebsite/prite/clientgalleryname
That's all...

Now, whit CE4, I don't understanding ...

- I've installated into lightroom a CE4-CRG.lrwebengine, by hand directly into user/library/adobe/lightroom/webgalleries.
(Sincerly, before I've made a double click (as usual), but, then i see on manual that is incorrect, so I've delete the file, and reput it by hand).
- After on my web site root (www.mywebsite.it/) I've put the "ttg-be" (directory) --- I think that it is the database !??!
- Then I opened a http://www.mywebsite/ttg-be/admin/ and by "settings" insert my company name/url, site/vendor email.
- After, I've put the "crg" directory inside "the ttg-be" directory (mywebsite/ttg-be/crg).
- Into the mywebsite/ttg-be/Dashboard I selected : "Client Response Gallery Admin"
- Then I changed the name of the profile in "Test".
- I exported my new client gallery from CE4 plugin in Lightroom (like usual, without email address because I've not found it. Now is it into "ttg-be settings", I think)... Without "configure the gallery to your liking" or other particular links at the "online page", etc.
because I've not understanding how make this.
But the question is, I've to select something inside the Lightroom CE4 setting ?!?!
- Then, I've export the new client gallery on my desktop, and I put the directory on "www.mywebsite/ttg-be/template/gallery/"

Now ...

- I opened : Client Response Gallery Admin/Settings/Clients (and not into "Settings > Client Response Gallery Settings", because I've not found it)- Add client for create a client, with name, email and password.
- Finally !!! I try to "aasign Album" but i received this error :
"Unable to locate Publisher. Albums can only be assigned to clients in conjuction with TTG CE4 Publisher."
"No CRG-enabled albums were found ".

Now... I'm confused, Where is TTG CE4 Publisher ? I've to buy TTG CE4 Publisher ? I think no... Were is my error !!??
For me the last step was "assign Album" to my client... And then (i think)  my client would receive a mail with a link, user and passoword to see his gallery...

HELP MEEEEE !!!

Last edited by 123456 (2015-01-21 22:18:49)

#2 2015-01-21 22:19:34

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Re: I cannot link the album to my project.

Client management requires CE4 Publisher.

If you don't want to use CE4 Publisher, then you can use the Client Response Gallery in much the same was as you used the older version, now with the added benefits of saving, pagination, improved performance, back end viewing of submissions, etc.

You should setup TTG BE and the CRG module as documented:

/ttg-be/crg

Log in to setup a feedback profile, then use that profile when configuring the gallery -- as the Feedback Profile Name -- as described in documentation.

Then upload your exported galleries to a location on your server, such as:

/galleries/crg1
/galleries/crg2
etc.

Then send the links to your clients as before. You may choose to password protect the galleries or not, as you like. This will be accomplished within the LR plugin, in the Output Settings pane.

Cheers,
Matt

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#3 2015-01-21 22:24:08

Ben

Hi, you do not need to buy Publisher. 

If you want to manage Clients in the CRG admin, then that can only be done with Publisher. 

If you want to use CE4 CRG in the same way as the CE3 CRG then there's nothing more to be done.  Just tell your clients to visit www.mywebsite/prite/clientgalleryname and they should be able to provide feedback, provide their details and submit the feedback.

I will change the "Publisher" message you saw to make it more clear that this feature is not needed to use CRG.  There are good reasons to use CRG with Publisher, but Publisher is not needed to operate in the same way that CE3 CRG worked.

#4 2015-01-21 22:40:27

Hi guys,
thank you for response ... but I don't understanding yet ;(

If I try to open the link : http://www.francescorussotto.it/ttg-be/ … ry/test_2/

it write :
Warning: include_once(./../../../../ttg-be/publisher/application/config/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /data/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/ttg-be/framework/init.php on line 30

Why !??

Last edited by 123456 (2015-01-22 04:57:09)

#5 2015-01-21 23:04:11

rod barbee
Website

have you tried posting your gallery to your /prite/ folder, rather than the ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder? (which you don't need to do if you're not using Publisher)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2015-01-21 23:04:19

Matthew
Administrator
Website

DO NOT put your galleries under /ttg-be.

Matt

#7 2015-01-21 23:10:13

...scuse me, but i read on the documentation :
"CE4 Client Response Gallery Installation & Setup"
"Load the plugin in Lightroom's Web module, configure the gallery to your liking, then Export.
Upload the saved folder to /ttg-be/templates/gallery."

Matthew said  : DO NOT put under ttg-be

Where is : your/prite/folder ?

Last edited by 123456 (2015-01-21 23:11:51)

#8 2015-01-21 23:15:59

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Just upload your galleries in the same way you did for CE3. It's no different.

Matt

#9 2015-01-21 23:21:53

I've tried, but I ve the same error ?

Last edited by 123456 (2015-01-22 04:57:39)

#10 2015-01-21 23:23:38

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Try downloading the CRG again, install the .lrwebengine, export and upload your gallery again. Looks like you might be suffering a bug that we hotfixed a little while ago.

Matt

#11 2015-01-22 00:40:21

Ok, was a wrong file.

Now the error is :
"The feedback profile could not be found. Please contact the photographer for further assistance."

I've not understanding the client response configuration.

First I've to upload the gallery directory.
Then, into Client Response Gallery Admin, I've to :

- Enable settings and activate CRG template !? Is it correct !? Any time than I upload a new directory !?
- After, how can I create a feedback profile ?! I've tried to Add profile,  but what I can write inside Feedback options and feedback textfiles ?!
And why I've to do this ?

#12 2015-01-22 00:56:01

rod barbee
Website

Create your feedback profiles in the CRG back end. Log into ttg-be and choose Client Response Gallery from the Dashboard drop-down. Then under Feedback choose Feedback Profiles. Click on Add Profile

you can add options. These will display in the gallery with a radio button next them. Your clients will just click on the buttons and you'll know they want the option offered.
You can also add comment fields for clients to add special instructions or other feedback.

If you're using CRG as a stand-alone gallery, then enter your Feedback profile name in Clent Response Setup in the Appearance control pane.

Enable settings and activate CRG template !? Is it correct !? Any time than I upload a new directory !?

no, just once. Make your settings in ttg-be/crg. any galleries you subsequently upload will be connected to those settings.

And why I've to do this ?

You need to do these things so that CRG will work.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2015-01-22 01:08:17

I've create the feedback profiles...

A question, I've reload and reinstalled only the CE4 Lighhroom Plugin (before it have a bug).
I've to download and install also crg and tt-be ?

#14 2015-01-22 01:13:58

rod barbee
Website

only the Lightroom plug-in I believe (from reading some of the other questions posted)
give it try and see what happens.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2015-01-22 01:23:58

Sorry, for my stupid questions,
but i'm a photogapher not a programmer, so I don't konw database, etc...

The problem remain... But i'm near at the goal !! wink
I've TTG-BE and crg uploaded.
I've the directory on my desktop named "prova" with inside my client gallery with photos, etc..
I put it into TTGBE/.../gallery.

Now ...

Into : TTG BE Admin :
I've compile TTGBE Settings.... AND STOP.

Into : Client Response Gallery Admin :
I can see in Profiles : Prova (this is my test feddback profiles with the same name of precedent directory into TTGBE/.../gallery.).
Inside "Prova", I' ve add two "Feedback Options" and two "Feedback Textfilelds" ... just for trying...

Now ... Have I to select "prova" (directory) inside CRG Setting to make something ?!

How can I do !?!?

Because if I try to open the directory the message is :
"The feedback profile could not be found. Please contact the photographer for further assistance."

And if I close the windows with inside the error, I can see the image page with gallery inside, but I cannot select the photos, or send email, I cannot make nothing.

Last edited by 123456 (2015-01-22 01:25:59)

#16 2015-01-22 01:44:28

rod barbee
Website

Now ... I've to select "prova" (directory) inside CRG Setting to make something ?!

No. If you're not using Publisher, enter the name of your profile in Lightroom. CRG > Appearance control pane > Client Response Setup.

Export CE4 CRG from Lightroom. Upload the exported folder to your site just as if it were a CE3 CRG

Don't try to use the CRG export you uploaded to /ttg-be/templates/gallery. That is only used to make your log-in screens and other customer facing pages appear like your actual galleries. (and if you use Publisher, it also serves as the template to create Publisher albums)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2015-01-22 04:51:48

Thanks Rob for your help smile

The "Feedback PRofile Name" inside my "CRG > Appearance control pane > Client Response Setup" was "default".
So, into CRG Setting i've selected : "crg-default".
Then I've moved the directory "prova" from "TTGBE/.../gallery" to another directory "mywebsite/private/prova".

But the error remain the same :

Last edited by 123456 (2015-01-22 04:58:12)

#18 2015-01-22 05:36:34

rod barbee
Website

try clearing your browser cache.
I just went to the gallery on your site and can see your gallery just fine. I can enter and save feedback. I'll even go ahead and make some selections and send a test.

.....and sent. Looks like it all went as planned

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2015-01-22 05:49:17

...yesssss !!!
I've changed : Client Response Gallery Admin/Feedback Profiles/default.... And it works !!!

I've tried to send email ... ok ... It works.
Perfect...

Thanks you !!!

Board footer