Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-16 20:02:20

Andrew

Contact Form code not working

Hello, I am running CE4 pages and, whilst the contact form generates a sent confirmation on my site, it is not generating emails to me. This is the same for cart (I know this because I receive paypal emails and see the order confirms in TTG-BE but no emails).

I have had extensive conversations with godaddy who host my site. They have checked the MX entry and ran PHP test emails directly from the server. I was told that it is something to do with the form code.

Could someone kindly have a quick look at the code please? I have enabled guest admin on ttg be

www.andrewhwilliams.co.uk

Many thanks
Andrew

Last edited by Andrew (2015-01-16 20:13:44)

#2 2015-01-16 21:53:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: Contact Form code not working

Can you provide the guest login credentials?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-16 23:59:07

Andrew

Hi Rod,
Login info sent directly

By the way, I have tried both the vanilla and SMTP options (I was informed that godaddy will not allow SMTP for any service like gmail etc... for spam reasons - indeed, they block the required SSL ports) So I have to use vanilla mail.
Any help, much appreciated
Thanks Andrew

#4 2018-01-05 02:27:42

drbobhesse

Rod. I have the much same CE4 problem as Andrew. I have Godaddy hosting (classic Lunix, php 5). The plain form was working but has stopped. Form generates confirmation message but no email and no error message. Changing email addresses in TTG-BE doesn't help. Was Andrew's problem soluble? If so I'd appreciate learning the fix. A second question - where is the contact form php script located?
Thanks,
Bob Hesse

#5 2018-01-05 02:58:33

rod barbee
Website

this is from so long ago that I have no recollection whether it was resolved or not.

Do you know of any changes made by your host? Updates to php, etc?

The contact form itself is in the contact.php page. The code behind it is handled by ttg-be, I'm not sure where. That's a Ben question.

It might help Ben if you could find out what changes your host made, exact version of php, etc.

Backlight's handling of email is similar to ttg-be. So this may help: http://backlight.theturninggate.net/doc … mail_setup

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer