Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-11 02:29:02

andacar
Website

Galleries main page confusion

OK, I have CE4 Pages up and running, and after some head bashing I now have my first gallery up and looking OK. Yay. Now I'm confused thoroughly about exactly which application controls the main gallery page. My guess is that you set up one dummy gallery using CE4 Pages and that after you'd uploaded the proper templates all successive galleries will look the same. CE4 Galleries is the place to make the gallery itself, right?

And yet CE4 Gallery has most of the same stuff as Pages, and it's all different. I've done the copy and paste templates trick and that seems to work well. But it's all very confusing. Does Pages control the main galleries page or Galleries?

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#2 2015-01-11 02:56:18

rod barbee
Website

Re: Galleries main page confusion

Pages creates a Galleries page. This is an autoindex. When you upload a gallery to the /galleries/ folder, the link/thumbnail for that gallery appears on the Galleries page. Pages determines the look of the Galleries page, if that's what you mean by controlling it.

So CE4 Gallery has nothing to do with the Pages Galleries page.

All the TTG plugins look pretty much the same as far as all the controls. the main differences will be in the Appearance control pane. In CE4 Gallery this is where you set up the gallery grid and choose the large image presentation, set up what icons will show, etc.

did that answer your questions?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-14 03:33:15

andacar
Website

Re: Galleries main page confusion

You were right, but there was something screwy there. I had to redo the catalog before it would finally work. Thanks very much!

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

Board footer