Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-10 05:52:39

MartinS
Website

Error code 500 (in new circumstances)

I have successfully published many albums and album sets to both my /galleries/ folder and to a /clients/ folder, all of which work fine.

Until yesterday, that is, when I published a gallery which is entirely similar to other galleries except for different images, and after upload had completed I received a dreaded white Firefox screen with the message:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Whatever I tried with republishing made no difference and this gallery provoked the same response when trying to view it in a browser. All other galleries were, and are, working normally when viewed in Firefox. In the end I (optimistically, to avoid having to upload so many images again) deleted the album in Publisher and "let LR forget about it", hoping to to be able to publish over it, which of course did not work. I then manually removed all references to the album, its photos, keywords etc from master.sq3 and published again. The publishing process, which I first tried with 10 images, looking at them in a browser, then 100 images, checking again, and finally the rest of the album, completed in LR without any errors. I heaved a sigh of relief. Until I tried to view the gallery online in a browser this evening and read exactly the same server error message.

I had checked the 23MB publisher log for yesterday, after the offending problem, and there was no instance of words such as "fail"or "error" in this log. I am therefore convinced that publishing was fine. Where could I start to sort it out? Here is the offending gallery: http://martinsharrott.com/galleries/2013-03-16Alkmaar/

Thanks for any suggestions.

#2 2015-01-10 08:17:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: Error code 500 (in new circumstances)

on the off chance, check your image file names for any non-standard characters like quotes, apostrophes, parentheses, etc.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2015-01-10 12:18:13

Ben

The dreaded 500 error.  Can you see whether you have any PHP error logs on your server?  They may be titled something like error_log, and found somewhere under public_html.  If you can find such a file, see if it sheds any light on the error.
Otherwise, the best way for me to find out the cause would be to access your server via FTP.  If that works for you then please set up FTP access and provide the details by Email or PM.

#4 2015-01-10 16:56:01

MartinS
Website

Thank you, Rod; I have checked the file names just to be sure and there are no strange characters there. Ben has suggested something and I have mailed him an error log which I located and which I believe will point us in the right direction when he has looked at it.

#5 2015-01-10 18:05:38

Ben

Thanks for finding and sending the log file.  That was very helpful.. I've replied to your email about this.

Board footer