Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-31 03:20:39

gaufde
Website

Wordpress and Phplugins not working

Hi,
I am building a site with the CE4 blog and galleries bundle and I've run into a problem. Whenever I try to visit a gallery I only see a completely blank white page. I asked about this here: http://community.theturninggate.net/post/25617/#p25617, and Ben was able to figue out the problem area, but he suggested that I ask here to get help from people who know Wordpress better. Here is exactly what Ben told me: "I've found the general source of the problem - Wordpress is failing to load and run in your phplugins....I've disabled the lines that were causing errors, commented with my name so you can see what I've changed. The original phplugins.php is there as a copy." Now my site shows the galleries pages without problem, but the menus are broken. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Graceson

Last edited by gaufde (2014-12-31 03:22:02)

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#2 2014-12-31 06:32:55

JimR
Website

Re: Wordpress and Phplugins not working

I built my site using WordPress (modifying a theme based on Bootstrap).

I created all of my photo galleries using TTG, and use the PHP Plugin to integrate the two worlds.

This took me much longer than I thought it would. Be prepared to debug PHP code, and become very familiar with the Chrome inspector (or Firebug).

I'm just about to update my galleries to CE4. Everything you find here is still CE3.

http://reekes.net/photos

Maybe I can help. First I would need to see your site, and tell me what's broken.

--Jim

#3 2014-12-31 06:47:34

gaufde
Website

Here is my site: photogpa.info. I outlined my problem in the first post, and in my previous topic which is linked to. My understanding of the problem is that Wordpress isn't seeing my Phplugins.
Graceson

Last edited by gaufde (2014-12-31 06:59:29)

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#4 2014-12-31 14:08:49

rod barbee
Website

your path to phplugins is: /home/photog83/public_html/galleries/phplugins

going by the tutorial, and since you're WordPress installation is in the root of your site, the path to your WordPress installation should then be: /home/photog83/public_html

And when you set the path to WordPress in the phplugins file, the beginning of the code Matt provided should then look like this:

// GET FUNCTIONS FROM WORDPRESS
define('__ROOT__', '/home/photog83/public_html'); // SET PATH TO WORDPRESS
require_once(__ROOT__.'/wp-includes/version.php'); global $wp_version;
require_once(__ROOT__.'/wp-load.php');

is this the case?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#5 2014-12-31 14:17:01

gaufde
Website

My path to the php plugins is /home/photog83/public_html/galleries/phplugins. But my Wordpress installation is /home/photog83/public_html. I got the /galleries/Phplugins from the instructions for the blog and galleries bundle. I have completely erased my site, and am about half-way through re-building it in the hopes that it will sort itself out. I plan on finishing the re-build in about an hour or two.

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#6 2014-12-31 14:32:31

rod barbee
Website

Looks like you had the paths correct.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2014-12-31 15:25:05

gaufde
Website

Hi Everyone,
I just want to thank you all for your help. The problem seems to have worked itself out. In case someone else has this problem, here is what I did: I started by completely erasing my site. I even had my host re-set it for me so that everything was clean. Then, I installed Wordpress manually (last time I used my host's "one-click-install"). After that, I followed the documentation again to re-build the site. Now everything seems to be working!

Graceson

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

Board footer