Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-30 01:32:35

gaufde
Website

Help Getting Everything to Play Together

Hi,
I am in the process of building my website with the CE4 blog and galleries bundle plus the cart. I followed the documentation to set everything up, and for the most part everything has gone well. However, I can't seem to figure out why I can't view galleries I publish. Whenever I click on them I get a completely blank screen. I am publishing the galleries to /galleries/ on my website which is a folder I uploaded by auto index. I'm not sure what went wrong because I am new to this. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Graceson
http://photogpa.info

Last edited by gaufde (2014-12-30 02:00:09)

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#2 2014-12-30 02:31:45

rod barbee
Website

Re: Help Getting Everything to Play Together

Hi Graceson,

one thing, it looks like you've named your template "Landscape Template". Remove the space from the name. All file and folder names should only contain letters, numbers, underscores, or hyphens. No spaces or special characters.
Using your FTP program, go into your ttg-be/templates/gallery/ folder and replace that space with an underscore in the folder name. Then edit the Landscape album, choosing the Landscape_Gallery template.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-12-30 02:33:49

gaufde
Website

Thanks, I will try that right now. One other thing, though, is that I am confused on what I should put into the Album info section of my gallery template. Should it be gallery specific which would require a different template for every gallery? or should it be generic like "galleries". Also, should these areas be the same in both the gallery and auto index?
Thanks,

Graceson

Last edited by gaufde (2014-12-30 02:37:19)

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#4 2014-12-30 02:54:37

gaufde
Website

I went ahead and changed the name so that there are no spaces, but it still didn't work. I also tried re-exporting and the re-uploading a template the try to get it working. Also, if it is any help, I get the same completely white page when I try to go to the search page. I'm not sure if it connected or not, but I though that it might help.
Graceson

Last edited by gaufde (2014-12-30 02:56:21)

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#5 2014-12-30 03:10:26

rod barbee
Website

I think Ben is going to have to take a look. for some reason, the template files aren't being read. Could be a database issue, or rather how your server handles the database. Who are you hosting with?

Do you happen to have any WordPress plug-ins installed other than the ones Matt includes in Theme for WordPress? If so, it might be worth disabling them to see if that helps.

Otherwise, Ben will probably need to take a look. He'll likely need access to ttg-be Admin and perhaps any Publisher logs. More info on that here: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … g_for_help

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#6 2014-12-30 09:25:08

Ben

Hi Graceson, blank pages can be difficult to solve, as there's no error message to go by. Can you try disabling breadcrumbs for http://photogpa.info/galleries/landscape/ to see whether that helps?

#7 2014-12-30 11:29:09

gaufde
Website

I tried removing the breadcrumbs but it didn't make any difference. I also tried making a new album, but I got this error that i've pasted below. I then made another new album and that one worked just fine. In case it matters, my site is hosted my inmotion hosting.
Graceson

An internal error has occurred: JSON.lua:458: JSON.lua:197: can't parse JSON at char 1 of: file_put_contents(./../../galleries/test/gallery.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory|#0 [internal function]: ErrorHandler::handleError(2, 'file_put_conten...', '/home/photog83/...', 143, Array)
#1 /home/photog83/public_html/ttg-be/publisher/application/helpers/PublisherHelper.php(143): file_put_contents('./../../galleri...', '<?xml version="...')
#2 /home/photog83/public_html/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/ApiController.php(556): PublisherHelper->updateAlbum('9912', Array, Array)
#3 /home/photog83/public_html/ttg-be/publisher/application/controllers/ApiController.php(503): ApiController->updateAlbum('9912')
#4 [internal function]: ApiController->createAlbum()
#5 /home/photog83/public_html/ttg-be/framework/controllers/Controller.php(41): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /home/photog83/public_html/ttg-be/framework/Framework.php(124): Controller->dispatch(Array)
#7 /home/photog83/public_html/ttg-be/publisher/index.php(23): Framework->route()
#8 {main}|URL: /ttg-be/publisher/index.php

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#8 2014-12-30 12:30:34

Ben

I'm not sure if that's related. Can you provide me with FTP access so I can see what's going wrong on your server? If that's fine with you then please send them via the Email link under my picture.

#9 2014-12-30 14:28:09

gaufde
Website

I sent you the access information.
Graceson

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

#10 2014-12-31 03:26:49

gaufde
Website

In case anyone else ever has this problem, I have started a new topic here: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … t-working/ as suggested by Ben.

Graceson Aufderheide
gracesonaufderheide.com

Board footer