Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-12-15 04:52:51

andacar
Website

CSS in Page Content

I've been creating HTML for a lot of the page content in CE4 Pages as well as Gallery. It seems to work very well.

Question: Is there some way to link the HTML content to follow the same CSS as the rest of the elements in CS4? Do I want to do that? Should I just create a stylesheet for the pasted HTML content?

Darrell Leland

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#2 2014-12-15 05:06:19

rod barbee
Website

Re: CSS in Page Content

Are you talking about inserting html via phplugins or entering it in the Page Copy(md) fields?

If you're using phplugins then the way you would include the ttg styling is to use the same structure and classes that Matt has created. Just export Pages with some content on each page and use the browser's inspector or just look at the page source code for the IDs and classes. Then use those for your own content

If you add html in Page Copy field then all of the global styling will be inherited (fonts, colors, etc.) as well as the responsive css

Another choice is to use the Responsive Grid that was introduced in CE3 for the Page Copy fields. All the structural markup is there.
http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _framework

If you need to add your own styling to the markup you can either do that inline or create custom classes and apply it via a custom css file

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-12-15 09:45:19

andacar
Website

Thanks for the fast response Rod. Let me see if I understand you correctly:

I've enabled PHPlugins. Then I go to phplugins.php and delete the two lines indicated. I then edit the /phplugins/css/custom.css file, correct? Grabbing the css from the browser is a bit beyond me. What I'd like to do is add only the things I want to change to custom.css and let CS4 handle all the rest. I mainly want to add a float left, float right, things like that. Does that sound correct?

Darrell Leland

"Never go creeping around old castles at night; you may find what you're looking for."
- Grimsley

#4 2014-12-15 09:56:22

rod barbee
Website

you got it.
learning to use the inspector is a great help in picking out the css selectors you need to use:
http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … selectors/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer