Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-15 16:11:21

Bren

No products are available for purchase.

Hi everyone,
I've setup a test gallery using publisher & autoindex. I've put a couple of photos in for digital download only. When I click on the add to cart button I get the message "No products are available for purchase". I've read through a lot of the documents and support pages regarding CE4 cart but can't get over this issue.

My site is http://www.topshotstudio.com.au/galleries/.

Could some of you talented people please check it out to see what setting I've stuffed up?
Regards,
Bren

#2 2014-11-15 18:28:44

Ben

Re: No products are available for purchase.

Hi Bren,  this is likely something to do with the cart not being able to find the digital purchases.  Can you check via FTP whether the files in photos-for-purchase are there?  The filenames should correspond exactly with the names in photos, e.g. there should be a file http://www.topshotstudio.com.au/galleri … AN9537.jpg that corresponds with http://www.topshotstudio.com.au/galleri … AN9537.jpg

I'm also wondering if the filename starting with an underscore is causing an issue.  Can you try uploading a photo with a name that doesn't start with an underscore, and see whether you can add that to the cart?

#3 2014-11-15 19:09:21

Bren

Thanks for helping out Ben. I uploaded a plain named jpg but still got the same message. I also checked the photos-for-purchase folder and there were identically named files in there. Any more thoughts please?

#4 2014-11-15 19:24:18

Ben

Hi Bren, it looks like the Download Directory for the Digital Download product has been set to 'topshotstudio.com.au'.  I don't know how this could have been set, as it should be fixed to photos-for-purchase for that product.  Do you remember setting that anywhere?

The fix is a little bit tricky.  Can you try the following:

* Login to the admin as full admin (probably as the 'admin' user)

* Visit this link: http://www.topshotstudio.com.au/cart/?a=reset The password there is 'admin'.

* Click the cart/master.sq3 link on the left hand side.

* Click on the 'SQL' tab

* Paste this into the large text area:

Update product set download_directory="photos-for-purchase" where title="Digital Download"

* Click 'Go'

You may need to clear the cart from the customer's perspective in order for the fix to come through.  Do so by visiting this link:
http://www.topshotstudio.com.au/cart/?a=reset

#5 2014-11-15 19:43:58

Bren

Ben, you have nailed it. To be honest I could not follow your instructions as I wasn't sure what you wanted me to log into. But I saw under the product area that the download director was as you said. So I entered another virtual product with the photos-for-purchase as the download directory and that has worked. The only thing I need to do is to delete that product with the wrong folder info and there is no "delete" option next to it. Any ideas?

#6 2014-11-15 19:56:28

Ben

Hi Bren, the idea of that default digital product is that it can't be altered or deleted (other than changing the name).  That's what's strange about the path being different.  There's no straightforward way of deleting it either.

Is this a new cart installation, or an upgrade from an older version?  There was a similar issue with virtual products that cropped up for some users during an upgrade a year or so ago.  I wasn't able to find the cause.

I meant to say, that I can perform those steps for you if they seem too complicated.  I can also delete the product if you want.  To do so, I would need the TTG BE admin login details, either by personal message or Email (link under my photo).  If that works for you, you might want to change the admin password to something you can share before sending it.

#7 2014-11-25 04:08:39

kris11
Website

See this post

http://community.theturninggate.net/top … downloads/

I am having the same problem.
I did a search and didn't realise that the above was CE3 forum and my prob is with CE4 cart but it's the same issue.

I paid for a test image fine but then realised there was no download. (This did work for me in CE3cart)
Got an email, checked the cart settings it was set to physical, no way to change it or delete.
(There is no box to change to download)
Changed name. Set up new digital download - download - pricing schemes fine.
Tried to buy another image but now I get
No products are available for purchase
Please try again later, or contact the artist if this problem persists.

I've been trying and I have deleted the gallery and started afresh to no avail.

http://www.krismercer.co.uk/galleries/35_print/

Have pm'd Ben with login

#8 2014-11-25 04:13:40

kris11
Website

I may have just solved this. In the photos-for-purchase, Publisher has renamed all my images by putting underscores in the spaces. Is this the problem and how can I stop it ?

Oh maybe not. The one that hasn't changed has same problem

Last edited by kris11 (2014-11-25 04:15:13)

#9 2014-11-25 04:24:09

rod barbee
Website

don't use spaces in file or folder names on the web. Only use letters, numbers, underscores, and hyphens. You're best course of action is to rename your files to remove those spaces. Browsers will replace spaces with %20 and this will mess with scripts as well as paths needed for autoindex to work properly.
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … ile_naming

Lightroom has a setting that will replace spaces in file names. Look under Edit > Preferences > File Handling

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#10 2014-11-25 07:04:31

kris11
Website

It doesn't make a difference. As file names, photos etc all have same name. Semms to have more to do with me messing up the cart pricing again.

#11 2014-11-25 19:30:42

Ben

kris11 wrote:

checked the cart settings it was set to physical, no way to change it or delete.

There is a work-around to change the "digital download" back to a virtual product.
Edit the product and force it to have an error upon submitting the form.  One way to do this is to clear the text from the Title and attempt to click Save Product.  From there, you should have access to a drop down for the product type.  Set it to virtual, type the correct Title back in and click Save Product.  You may also need to enter the Download Directory again, which is typically photos-for-purchase.

(this process of being able to edit the Digital Download is itself the bug that allowed it to be accidentally changed to Physical in the first place.  So it's using the bug to fix the entry caused by the bug).

#12 2014-11-25 19:37:14

Ben

kris11 wrote:

It doesn't make a difference. As file names, photos etc all have same name. Semms to have more to do with me messing up the cart pricing again.

Firstly check that spaces and punctuation marks are no longer in the filenames.  For example, what is the current filename of the image renamed to Still-life-painting---Monochrome-on-pink--_.jpg?  If you're happy that there aren't spaces or punctuation marks other than underscores and hyphens, then re-publish the images.

#13 2014-11-26 22:47:47

kris11
Website

Okay, I am now pulling my hair out.
5hrs + and still nowhere.

I have so far tried.
Changing the file names to numbers. Republish- NO difference
Clear cache
Remove gallery. Make new templates for every possible configuration and test.
Remove all social media.
Clear cache
Republish - NO difference
Recheck all other galleries without digital downloads.

Cart working on these galleries.

Remove a lot of pricing schemes and products from cart admin.

New gallery for virtual that doesn't work
http://www.krismercer.co.uk/galleries/36_print/

Prices at default work fine as Product not for sale
All other pricing schemes seem to be okay

HELP !!!

It's got to be something really stupid that i've overlooked.

Last edited by kris11 (2014-11-26 23:15:36)

#14 2014-11-26 23:54:39

rod barbee
Website

can you enable guest access to ttg-be?
Do you happen to have "mixed pricing" checked in the template?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#15 2014-11-27 03:06:02

kris11
Website

I sent Ben access yesterday. Yes, mixed pricing is checked as the gallery would have mixed pricing. Is that an anomally. Does it mean something else.
I looked at the old gallery settings in lightroom 3 for the downloads in CE3 cart and they were checked too.
They did work, In fact they still do so it can;t be the cart.

Last edited by kris11 (2014-11-27 03:19:42)

#16 2014-11-27 03:45:08

rod barbee
Website

I saw that there's a data-price field in the source code with the attribute "DD150" so I figured you were using mixed pricing. Do you also have a pricing scheme named DD150?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#17 2014-11-27 04:10:06

kris11
Website

Yes there is a pricing scheme for DD150 in fact it's still in use from CE3 here.
I had forgot about these.
http://www.krismercer.co.uk/art/galleries/60_flora/
There is also DD495 and DD995 and DD99
All of which worked in the painting gallery until I upgraded to CE4 and tried to upgade the gallery with a new template.
All the gallery prices seem to work other than the download so the CE4 cart is working ok for physical.

I now seem to have found another problem. Although the galleries for physical sales work on my desktop I've just gone into them to give you an instance of a working gallery and they don't work on laptop.
Now I get; Something went wrong. Please contact etc.......

Last edited by kris11 (2014-11-27 04:20:03)

#18 2014-11-27 04:17:11

rod barbee
Website

but it's not the "same" pricing scheme I hope. I mean, it's entered in your CE4 cart admin as well as the CE3 cart admin?

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#19 2014-11-27 04:20:51

kris11
Website

Yes it's all new in the CE4 cart admin.
Have pm'd you password for cart admin

Last edited by kris11 (2014-11-27 04:25:13)

#20 2014-11-27 06:08:08

Ben

Hi Kris,  it's coming up to the end of the week for me, so I'll have some time to look thoroughly through your setup.
Firstly, can you provide a new link to a gallery that isn't working properly?
Secondly, please consider providing me with FTP access so that I can see what's going on with your server.

One thing to try, is to remove the punctuation out from your pricing scheme names and product names.  (the period and slash respectively).  I would just try this for one scheme and its product, updating the scheme name in the gallery so that it matches.

#21 2014-11-27 06:42:38

kris11
Website

This is the one not working.
http://www.krismercer.co.uk/galleries/36_print/
I would rather not mess with the other prices as the physical ones work fine.
Seems there was a server problem going on at the same time and the other galleries are working fine again now.
The 45.txt, 650.txt etc etc worked before and is still working.
the download pricing schemes haven't got any punctuation.
DD150 etc
Will check my password etc for server and pm you

#22 2014-11-28 07:37:43

Ben

Hi Kris, I have fixed the cart for you.  The problem was that you had version 3.0.3 of the cart installed.  It's now running 3.0.5, which is compatible with the latest Gallery plugin.

A couple of other points to note:
* The version of the cart still shows as 3.0.3 for me, since the process to complete the upgrade will only occur after logging in as full admin.  In the case of 3.0.3 to 3.0.5 this completion is nothing more than updating the version number.
* Your old cart files are in cart_303.  Once you're happy with the cart, you can safely remove this directory.

#23 2014-11-28 18:13:59

kris11
Website

Thank you so much.
It's updated and looking good.
Now I feel I can migrate all the older galleries across.

Board footer