Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-20 01:11:38

MartinS
Website

Cart invisible on some pages

Please excuse this question from a new-to-cart-user if it has been answered before.

I have the cart enabled on several albums which reside for now in my /galleries/ folder. The cart works fine if one clicks on the cart icon next to a thumbnail in the grid. The value of the cart is correctly shown top right above the masthead in each album. So far so good.

However, if one navigates away from an individual album back to, for instance, the main galleries tab (in my Dutch localization "Fotogalerijen") or back to the home page tab, the cart vanishes from screen top right and remains invisible until one delves into a specific album again, when it reappears, still at the correct value. I wish to keep the cart and its value visible for the user all the time until he has finished browsing the site and ordering.

The other thing that I have been unable to achieve is maintaining a cart icon on the large image page which the user gets if he clicks on a thumbnail. It would be nice if one could add that picture to the cart at the moment one sees and likes it, instead of having to return to the grid to find the cart icon.

When exporting Pages I have enabled the cart but I must be doing something wrong somewhere. Perhaps someone could have a look? I have temporarily enabled guest access.

Thanks very much!

#2 2014-11-20 01:56:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: Cart invisible on some pages

To get the Cart status bar on all pages be sure to go back into TTG Pages and enable cart integration in the Output Settings control pane (don't forget to include the cart url). That way the status bar will show up. You should do this for all galleries, autoindexes, Publisher templates, or any other TTG pages you have.

the cart icon should appear on the large image pages. Make sure you set the icon colors so that they don't blend with the background.

If that doesn't work, be sure to post a link to an album that's not working correctly.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-11-20 04:12:08

MartinS
Website

Thank you, Rod, for your reply.

The "Shopping cart integration" checkbox is checked in my Pages output template and the cart URL is filled out with http://www.martinsharrott.com/ttg-be/cart/ and this works on the various album pages. The uniform pricing profile name is also filled out with the same name as in ttg-be's admin section. This is why I cannot understand that it does not show up on the galleries page or home page or on the large image pages, but only on the grid.  The cart icon on each thumbnail is a white cart in a little black box. The cart total banner is reversed: black text on a white background.

Is there any way to ascertain what the original CE4 colour settings were? Just to see if this made a difference, I have reversed the black on white cart status bar and text colours and exported Pages again, to no avail. Since the masthead background is white, at least either the status bar background or the text should show up. But on the album pages, when the cart contents load, the whole page content moves down to let the cart in above it; this does not happen on the home page or galleries page.

I don't suppose it is of importance but for what it is worth, I chose not to display the masthead on my album pages (where the cart total is visible top right of the page) but I do display it on the home page and galleries page (where the cart total should be visible). Is there a possible link between the masthead's visibility and the cart's visibility? The preview in Lightroom is perfectly visible on all pages.

For what it is worth, when the home page is first loaded into a browser, a pop-up CE4 window briefly displays for about 2 seconds, stating that the shopping cart is "unavailable. If this persists, please contact etc." But this disappears after a couple of seconds.

To check that this is not a browser question, I have tested the site on two computers and in IE and Firefox. I have cleared all caches. On my mobile device, an Android Galaxy Note 2, a gallery album loads as one huge page (not restricted to the 50 I set in the template) and the thumbnails are given as square blocks with no cart icon visible on the grid or on the large image. I am therefore unable to test how the cart works on a mobile device.

Here is a link to a random album:
http://www.martinsharrott.com/galleries … fstbokaal/
You will have to  pretend to purchase a couple of photos to see how the cart displays on that page, and then see what happens when you use a navigation button to the home page or galleries page, both of which have just been exported and uploaded.

I appreciate all your suggestions.

#4 2014-11-20 05:44:48

rod barbee
Website

your status bar should be showing up on your home page and other pages. The code's there. Whether you have a masthead or not shouldn't make a difference.

I am seeing a difference between the cart url used for cart integration in your albums and the one used in pages. I your albums it's this:

http://martinsharrott.com/ttg-be/cart/

In Pages it's this:

http://www.martinsharrott.com/ttg-be/cart/

try removing the www from the cart url in Pages.

you can see the original colors buy just loading up a default version of whatever webengine you're interested in. Just create a new collection and go to the Web Module and choose the engine.

I'm not sure why the add to cart button isn't showing up on your large image pages. Can you see it in the Lightroom preview?
For the HTML single page presentation is should be in the lower right, just below a horizontal rule that's just under the image.
Here's what it should look like, along with the icon settings I chose:
html-cart.jpg

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-11-20 18:03:40

MartinS
Website

Well, we are getting there! I am glad I did not attempt it late evening. I had, in the early stages of discovering CE4, intentionally added the "www" as it seemed to help; I can't remember why now. I found after your suggestion, Rod, that templates had instances of with and without "www" alternately, and indeed the Pages export was with "www". By removing the "www" the cart is now visible, with correct contents, on my home page and galleries page and on the individual album pages. So that is a great improvement and I shall re-export and upload the various albums in due course.

I cannot say that I like the way the cart forces itself into view on the home page etc, pushing all page content down under the rather thick horizontal rule with shadow over the whole width of the screen, whilst the page content's width is narrower, restricted as per default settings. But at least it works now thanks to your help. Perhaps I shall discover how to improve the aesthetics in due course.

But there is still no cart showing up on the large image pages, not even in the LR preview. I had not been aware that the checkboxes "Icon color" etc (your pink) should be checked as I had no idea these referred to the cart icon. Having done that, even trying livid pink, it makes no difference to the LR preview or to the exported contents. There is also no sign of your (modest, without shadow!) horizontal rule on my own large image pages. So this remains a mystery to me at the moment. Under "Typography" I have left the horizontal rule settings untouched at grey, solid, 1px. Where the drop shadow appears from, I cannot imagine, unless the rule is treated as an image.  You mention the html single page, but my single pages with large image are exported as [imagename]-single.php.

Should I discover anything else relevant, I will post it here later. Otherwise I hope to hear whether you have any more suggestions where I can look in templates or elsewhere.

#6 2014-11-20 23:17:30

rod barbee
Website

Perhaps I shall discover how to improve the aesthetics in due course.

beyond the controls in the plug-in, you can change some of it using custom css via phplugins.
And here's something about how to find out what needs changing: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … selectors/

But there is still no cart showing up on the large image pages, not even in the LR preview.

that's just weird. I don't even think there's a way to turn that off if you've got Shopping Cart Integration enabled

You mention the html single page, but my single pages with large image are exported as [imagename]-single.php.

HTML: single-image is just the name of the presentation mode in the plug-in. If you have features enabled that trigger php (shopping cart, phplugins, permalinks, password protection) then pages are exported as php.

I had not been aware that the checkboxes "Icon color" etc (your pink) should be checked as I had no idea these referred to the cart icon.

They're for any icons appearing with the large images. Can you try enabling the image download icon and see if that shows up in the Lightroom preview?

Where the drop shadow appears from, I cannot imagine, unless the rule is treated as an image.

No, it's a horizontal rule, an <hr> html element. And as far as I know it should be there beneath the captions regardless.

Why the hr and the cart icon aren't showing up is a mystery to me. Maybe Matt will have an idea. In the mean time, if you wish, you can create a user template of the CE4-Gallery you're using and email to me. I'll see if I can spot anything. Just use the email link beneath my name to the left

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-11-21 00:01:46

MartinS
Website

I'll make, and email, a template shortly. Thanks for the php link too.

In the meanwhile I looked at the page source of an exported single large image page and cannot find any "<hr>" element in it anywhere.

But now I have followed up on your suggestion to enable image downloads by checking the box under Image Download and guess what? Two icons appear bottom right in LR preview under a horizontal rule on the single image page: one icon for the download and one for the cart. If I disable the image downloads, both icons and rule vanish. So somehow the cart icon is dependent on the image download enablement.

#8 2014-11-21 00:13:18

rod barbee
Website

So somehow the cart icon is dependent on the image download enablement.

Interesting. I'm not seeing that behavior though. Whether or not I have an icons enabled or the cart enabled, I'm seeing the hr. And I can have any of the icons visible without any of the others needing to be visible as well.

Matt just released a hotfix for Gallery 6.1.2 (6.1.2a). It shouldn't have anything to do with this issue, but it's worth downloading and installing anyway. And who knows, maybe it'll fix this issue for you (though I did revert to the 6.1.2 version just to check and saw no differences)

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2014-11-21 00:36:59

rod barbee
Website

Well now I'm even more baffled.
I did discover that with either image downloads or google maps enabled, the cart icon will show up. Even if your images don't have gps data embedded, the cart icon will appear.

I don't know why it was working for me before. Perhaps I had Google Maps enabled all along, but I didn't think so.

Anyway, this will be something for Matt to look at. But for now, try enabling Google Map Integration. That at least should get your cart icon to display.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#10 2014-11-21 01:22:13

MartinS
Website

Thank you, Rod. I await developments.

#11 2014-11-21 04:39:32

MartinS
Website

I have installed the Gallery 612a webengine but can find no difference: the cart at the bottom right of the single html page vanishes, and the horizontal rule with it, as soon as Google Maps Integration is cancelled. If the Google checkbox is enabled, the cart reappears, with the hr above it. The same happens with the image downloads checkbox. So no change with version 612a. Just so you know.

#12 2014-11-21 05:04:36

rod barbee
Website

I saw that too. I'm sure Matt and Ben will be along after awhile and see this.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#13 2014-11-21 14:27:16

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I may be that I'm in a haze, as I've had a bad cold the last week-and-a-half or so, but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around this thread. Can you succinctly summarize the problem and layout steps to reproduce it? With such, I should be better equipped to investigate.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#14 2014-11-21 18:00:19

MartinS
Website

Summary of what needs a solution:
I have the cart enabled and it works. The cart icon is visible next to each thumbnail in the grid, but not on the single large image page which appears when one clicks on a thumbnail.

Rod and I have both verified that the cart icon and hr above it only appear when not only the cart is enabled, but also, simultaneously, either the google maps integration or the image downloads checkbox is enabled. As soon as both of those checkboxes are left blank, the cart will not show up on the single large image page where a potential purchaser would expect, and need, it to be.

The cart icon is therefore dependent on google maps or image downloads.

#15 2014-11-21 21:32:09

rod barbee
Website

Matt, this happens when using the HTML single page large image presentation.
On the large images the cart icon is not appearing unless one of the other icons (Download or Google Maps) is also enabled.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#16 2014-11-24 14:50:08

Matthew
Administrator
Website

I see. Thanks for the clarification. I will look into it.

Matt

#17 2014-11-24 14:53:53

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Are you seeing this problem in the LR preview, or only online?

Online, does the problem occur both in exported-and-uploaded and publisher-managed galleries, or only one or the other?

Matt

#18 2014-11-24 19:30:16

MartinS
Website

I see this in both the LR preview and online after export. There is, for instance, no "hr" in the source of the exported page to be displayed.

I do not have any publisher-managed galleries since I am waiting to experiment with Publisher until a simple exported-and-uploaded gallery works properly.

#19 2014-11-24 19:58:14

Matthew
Administrator
Website

Thanks, that was helpful. I think I've got the problem solved now. How urgently do you need this fix? I'd like to try having a full update ready last in the week, but if you need this now, I can try to get a build put together for you sooner.

Matt

#20 2014-11-25 01:15:36

MartinS
Website

I should rather you did this at your convenience, Matt, and am happy to wait now I know it is being solved.

Board footer