Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-11-14 03:23:09

mdb
Website

Meta data missing

Hi,

I just discovered that the metadata of all but one photo in each of my galleries are missing.

The downloads (directly from the gallery and the high-res version with the download button) of photo #01 have complete metadata, but the other ones only have a copyright-notice, the rest of the metadata are missing.
I checked the topics on this forum, but couldn't find any reference to this problem in CE4, so I'm assuming that I did something wrong.

I updated Publisher (2.13) and re-uploaded the gallery with "all metadata included" and with "Push metadata without updating existing photos" OFF. Same story.

Can anyone help me? I am about to publish photos from a première Friday and the credits and captions are really important to me.

Thanks, Morten

Last edited by mdb (2014-11-25 01:08:17)

#2 2014-11-15 10:19:54

rod barbee
Website

Re: Meta data missing

I'm seeing description and title data on all the large images in the gallery. But you're right about the high-res downloads. I see the metadata on the first one, but another one I tried was missing description and title.

Have you tried deleting an image from the album in Publisher, click Publish to remove it from the online album, and then adding it back to the album and republishing?
Try it with just one image first. If that works, then do the rest. (this is assuming you're having Publisher create the hi-res download versions)

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-11-15 19:48:38

mdb
Website

Hi Rod,

Thank you for your reply.
It's true that on screen you see the title and description of a large image, but it seems that they're not embedded in the file itself because when you download the large photo, they're gone, except in the first one.
I did what you suggested, but still no metadata other than the copyright status and the copyright notice.

I uploaded a new gallery ( http://www.dbvt.nl/mortendeboer/operazu … mouse-gen/ , the first since I completely updated CE4), but now the metadata are missing in all photos, the large gallery images as well as the hi-res images. You still see the captions on screen though.

Another thing I tried: I deleted photos and re-uploaded them with "all metadata except information about cameras and Camera Raw". Didn't make any difference. No description or title.

I hope you can help me. Thanks,
Morten

#4 2014-11-16 01:16:31

rod barbee
Website

I'm seeing the captions on the large images in that gallery

But you may have found a bug. I just created a test album using a Publisher template that creates the hi-res downloads.
All images show metadata in the grid as well as on the large images. However, for hi-res downloads, only the first image in the album contains the metadata. This will be something Ben needs to look into.
Here's my test album: http://ce4.barbeephoto.com/galleries/pu … downloads/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-11-16 07:26:09

Ben

Hi Morten, thanks for pointing this out.  I'll look into this.  It's likely that the flag for including embedded metadata is switched off for a thumbnail and then not re-activated for the next iteration of renditions on following photos.

Thanks too for the test gallery Rod.  That should be helpful.

#6 2014-11-16 08:06:27

rod barbee
Website

let me know if you need more Ben.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-11-16 18:37:33

mdb
Website

Thank you both.

Ben, I tried it out and I think you're right.
First I uploaded a single photo. The metadata are embedded in both the large image and the hi-res image.
After that I replaced two photos, and now the metadata are embedded in the first, but not in second.
I hope you can fix it.

Thanks again, Morten

Last edited by mdb (2014-12-05 06:17:56)

#8 2014-11-16 20:25:45

Ben

Hi Morten and Rod, I've emailed you both an updated copy of the Publisher LR plugin that should fix this issue.  Please try it out and let me know how you go.
I found that I had already added code intended to correctly handle the metadata setting between renditions, but due to a subtle error it wasn't correctly restoring the value.

#9 2014-11-17 00:29:31

mdb
Website

Hi Ben,

It works!  Thank you!

Unfortunately one has to replace all the photos to make it work (which means one has to UNcheck the box "Push metadata without updating existing photos").

Cheers, Morten

Last edited by mdb (2014-12-05 06:14:49)

Board footer