Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-07 08:06:08

jackmcbride

PHP Mobile Galleries

When I switched on PHP to utilize the Cart the mobile gallery stopped working (www.mcbridephotographics.com/ferrarigallery1/.

I get an "Internal Server Error" message from my Samsung Notepad now. The other CE3 gallery page that are in HTML all still work fine. And the one gallery that I have converted to CE4 also works fine on my desktop. It's just the mobile version that stopped working.

Could someone please tell me what's wrong?  Thanks.

JackMcB

#2 2014-10-07 08:49:15

rod barbee
Website

Re: PHP Mobile Galleries

after you "switched on php" (I assume you mean you enabled phplugins?) did you re-upload the mobile.php file?

are you also using Shared Resources? if so, have you updated CE4 Pages as well?

FWIW, as far as I can tell CE4 gallery (6.1.1) now outputs php files no matter what settings are chosen. I've tried disabling anything that used to trigger php output (permalinks, downloads, social sharing stuff, phplugins, etc.) but that didn't change anything: all php, all the time.
I could be missing something. It's been known to happen.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-10-07 09:09:11

jackmcbride

Rod,
I am only using CE4 Gallery and CE4 Cart on my site. I had an existing Dreamweaver site and am using the TTG products to augment it. As for "shared resources" I don't think I am using any. Social Media sharing is not enabled.

When I enabled plug-ins, I did NOT put in a Server Path to the Plugins. Could that be the issue?

Finally I did reload the entire gallery, including the mobile.php file, but only after I deleted the previous version of the gallery from my server.  It works fine on my desktop, but not on my tablet. 

Thanks for your insights.

JackMcB

#4 2014-10-07 10:06:21

rod barbee
Website

When I enabled plug-ins, I did NOT put in a Server Path to the Plugins. Could that be the issue?

no

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#5 2014-10-07 11:26:43

Matthew
Administrator
Website

rod barbee wrote:

FWIW, as far as I can tell CE4 gallery (6.1.1) now outputs php files no matter what settings are chosen. I've tried disabling anything that used to trigger php output (permalinks, downloads, social sharing stuff, phplugins, etc.) but that didn't change anything: all php, all the time.
I could be missing something. It's been known to happen.

That shouldn't be the case. I think you've just forgotten to switch something off. I just ran another test export, and the gallery exports HTML by default.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#6 2014-10-07 13:49:10

rod barbee
Website

Found it. Even though I had "Embed Open Graph Protocol for Facebook/Twitter" unchecked, "Display Share Buttons on page" was checked, albeit greyed out.
I had to check "Embed Open Graph Protocol...." to uncheck "Display Share Buttons..." . Then I unchecked "Embed Open Graph Protocol..." again.
Exporting resulted in html pages.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#7 2014-11-11 14:25:48

jackmcbride

Greetings to all,

Nothing has changed from my Oct. 18 post. I tried all three mobile options under the "Settings for Large Image Presentation" and none of them worked. (As an aside I wonder what the differences are supposed to be?) The settings re: Social Media are all turned off.

I have also upgraded from Gallery 6.1.0 to Gallery 6.1.2, and I still can't get my mobile gallery to open. I keep getting a message that says: "Internal Server Error Message. The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request. Please contact server administrater etc. etc. they are supposed to dseveral different.

To repeat: my CE3 gallery pages that are in HTML all still work fine. The one gallery that I have converted to CE4 (and PHP), and added the Cart to, also works fine on my desktop. It's just the mobile version that won't work. (see www.mcbridephotographics.com/ferrarigallery1.html).

Do I need to reset some PHP settings on my web server? And if so what ones?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jack McBride

#8 2014-11-11 14:44:45

Matthew
Administrator
Website

How about you email me your mobile.php file from that gallery. Or the template_mobile.php file, if the gallery is publisher-managed.  Use the "Email" link under my pic.

Matt

The Turning Gate, http://theturninggate.net

#9 2014-11-26 01:08:04

alphacentauri

I seem to have about the same problem. But it's not consistent: some (...) galleries look fine on mobile, but most give a blank page. The server-log returns:
"PHP message: PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected end of file in [directory structure]/mobile.php on line 500" (the file mobile.php is 499 lines long).

Matthew: I will send you a 'good' and a 'bad' mobile.php file, hopefully you can find out what's wrong.

#10 2014-11-26 01:19:01

rod barbee
Website

try the 6.1.2a hotfix Matt recently posted. See this thread: http://community.theturninggate.net/top … ile-phone/

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2014-11-26 01:23:25

alphacentauri

Great - thank you.
I missed that update.

Board footer