Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-24 05:48:36

Em

Stage Page

Hi, Not sure how to ask but here goes.

I have all my pages, whew, except "stage" linked in the menus now. "pages" does a good job for the core pages easy. I reacall doing some dances for the gallery page and the search page.

Perhaps my head has turned to mush, but I can't seem to find where specifically it talkes about making and/or populating  the stage page. I found the information about its abilities, but not about how to actually create/upload the page.

I did go into LR - into the stage module - and save the preset so it will show up in the engine. I also exported "stage" and uploaded ALL its generated files to my site. But in doing that it broke the site and still didn't put up the stage page for my menu link.

So where can I find a step by step or other info to get my head around this.

I finally have my "pages" preset/template done and thinking its time to hack that to the gallery and search templates.

Do I do that too for stage. And then what file do I upload to the web site. Evidentally??? I don't export the stage module and upload all the generated files do I? Since doing that before broke down the site...

OK, I will stop rambling now. Thank you ahead of time, Em

#2 2014-10-24 06:16:10

rod barbee
Website

Re: Stage Page

Perhaps my head has turned to mush, but I can't seem to find where specifically it talkes about making and/or populating  the stage page. I found the information about its abilities, but not about how to actually create/upload the page.

It works just like all the other galleries. Export and upload the entire exported folder

But in doing that it broke the site and still didn't put up the stage page for my menu link.

Not sure what you're trying to do. Are you expecting to upload a Stage export (upload the entire exported folder, not just the files) and have the page appear on your menu? If so, that's not going to happen. You'll need to add the menu item for the new page to the menus of Pages and all templates. Either that or enable phplugins site wide and manage your navigation that way. If you do that, you'll only need to edit one file instead of needing to add the menu item, export, and upload everything.

Do I do that too for stage. And then what file do I upload to the web site. Evidentally??? I don't export the stage module and upload all the generated files do I? Since doing that before broke down the site...

If we knew what you were trying to do it would be easier to answer that question. Can you give us an outline of what you want to end up with?

Links to your site always make it easier to help too.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-10-24 09:13:46

Em

Hi Rod,

ems-gallery(dot)com.index.php

You will see when you click on the nav links all of them go to a page except for the "stage-vids" links. In the pages section I have the stage-vid nav verbiage set for page "stage" in that setup area for stuff like home, about, contact etc.

But when I upload the "pages" export it includes the about, contact, index pages, but not the gallery, search and stage pages. I did the gallery and the search some other way. But since it was a week or two ago I forgot what I did.

Anyway, I want a stage page that at the end of the day will look like this http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/ce4-stage/ with the three columns setup.

For my gallery page I set it up to look like this http://terrywhitephotography.com/galleries.php although I have not populated it with any galleries yet. Another day another thing to figure out.

Anyway, my goal for now is to have at least a page show up when I click the stage-vid link. So what I am trying to figure out is how to get the stage page on my web (similar to how I have the gallery page on the web) even though it doesn't have any galleriy items on the page yet.

When I selected the "stage" module in LR and exported it... similar to the function for exporting from the "page" function. and then uploaded the stage export (like I do for the page export) it broke the site. What I mean is when I accessed the site it threw up a bunch of error jibber. The stage preset in LR is not the same right now as the pages preset. For whatever that's worth...

So, my mental gap is specifically how/what/where to get/generate the "stage" page that will appear when I click the nav link and be the page that will be populated with the stage gallery stuff as per the stage demo 3 column layout linked above. I assume I set the stage layout in the stage module... but still not clear on the how to get a page on the web.

Do I simply:

hack the page template to the stage template/preset.

Then generate the stage export to get a stage.php page and ONLY upload that page so as not to cause a sitewide error.

or???

Sorry I don't know how to explain it better. Hard to ask/explain when I don't know what I am talking about in how to do it.

Thanks again. Your responses are truly appreciated. Em

ETA: I stand corrected. Looking at the Export pages section in the pages output settings I see I have galleries checked. But I don't see "stage" as an option to check in that section. And search was done through the ttg-be.

Last edited by Em (2014-10-24 09:25:24)

#4 2014-10-24 09:31:55

rod barbee
Website

You will see when you click on the nav links all of them go to a page except for the "stage-vids" links. In the pages section I have the stage-vid nav verbiage set for page "stage" in that setup area for stuff like home, about, contact etc.

Is there supposed to be a page for that link? If so, where did you upload it and what did you name the export?

Anyway, my goal for now is to have at least a page show up when I click the stage-vid link. So what I am trying to figure out is how to get the stage page on my web (similar to how I have the gallery page on the web) even though it doesn't have any galleriy items on the page yet.

as I said before, export your Stage page and upload the entire exported folder. If you put it in the root of the site then the url target will be /name-of-export/

And if your goal is to create a page to access Stage based video pages, then use an Autoindex page to create the index for those Stage pages.

Anyway, I want a stage page that at the end of the day will look like this http://ce4.theturninggate.net/demos/ce4-stage/ with the three columns setup.

That is an Autoindex page that contains examples of Stage pages. Click on each of those to see the possibilities.

When I selected the "stage" module in LR and exported it... similar to the function for exporting from the "page" function. and then uploaded the stage export (like I do for the page export) it broke the site. What I mean is when I accessed the site it threw up a bunch of error jibber. The stage preset in LR is not the same right now as the pages preset. For whatever that's worth...

Did you upload the contents of the export or the entire exported folder? I'm not sure what you mean by "The stage preset in LR is not the same right now as the pages preset". Do you mean they're not styled the same?

Do I simply:

hack the page template to the stage template/preset.

Then generate the stage export to get a stage.php page and ONLY upload that page so as not to cause a sitewide error.

There is no such thing as a stage.php file. You'll always get an index.php file inside the exported folder. You always upload the entire exported folder. The only exception to this is Pages, then you want to upload the contents. For every other TTG web engine you need to upload the entire exported folder.

Have you looked at any of the beginner tutorial at the top of the Documents page? Those might help explain things better.
This may also help: http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … -plug-ins/

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

Board footer