Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-22 07:51:08

Em

Home Page slide show Q

Hi, another newbie Q and I can't seem to pinpoint where to get instructions...

I see in the demo stores on the TTG site most all of them have an auto play slide gallery of images on the home index.php page.

I am confused. Is that something that is part of the pages module and I simply select the images and check some boxes in the page setup in lightroom. OR ???

I guess what I am asking is am clueless about where to start in this regard. Don't know if it is already in TTG or if I need to get a third party program and figure out how to have it integrate with TTG.

I have your full bundle of modules... I see some sort of slideshow thing in the stages example page, but that is not what the index.php slides look like, unless the index.php is a modification based on the galleria slideshow in stage???

Please help a confused person get less confused:-)

Thanks ahead of time. Em.

One PS... on the ce4 update... should I intall ALL the modules again, or just the pages and gallery ones, if I remember the email correctly.

#2 2014-10-22 08:27:38

rod barbee
Website

Re: Home Page slide show Q

I am confused. Is that something that is part of the pages module and I simply select the images and check some boxes in the page setup in lightroom. OR ???

You can use the built in Galleria slide show. Or the full-page flip gallery
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … es_gallery
(If you want a Galleria or full-page flip gallery to be controlled by Publisher you'd also need Stage)

If using Publisher, you could also use a CE4 Gallery and have it autostart as a slideshow, though I think Galleria is much better for this.

can you point to one of the demo galleries that shows what you're after?

You don't need to reinstall the rest of the modules. Just the ones that were updated.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#3 2014-10-22 11:24:08

Em

Thanks Rod, I think I get it now.

Just need to start delving into the publisher and stage modules now. I have a grasp of the basic pages now.

The link you provided was the type of information I was trying to find earlier but it alluded me...

Your help is appreciated. Em

Last edited by Em (2014-10-22 11:30:07)

#4 2014-10-22 14:09:41

Em

BACK AGAIN...

OK, I have made the gallery per the galleria slideshow setup in the pages module and uploaded/export to the site.

However, when I view the site the slideshow (put on the index.php page) is static. It does not move, allow any click or other functionality. My settings all look good and it should function.

I think I am missing something.

I only uploaded the "pages" pages on export. Do I also need to upload something else? I was assuming that since the galleria settings for the index.php page was set in the "pages" module that would do it...

Anyway, thoughts. Do I need to do something more. For example export the "gallery" module or make some change or update there too?

Confused again, but that isn't hard to do:-)

Thank you ahead of time, Em

#5 2014-10-22 14:20:59

rod barbee
Website

Can you post a link? Can't really tell without seeing it.
Also, see this about captions and Galleria
http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … a#captions

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#6 2014-10-22 16:28:03

Em

Hi,

Don't judge:-) Very rough work in progress...

http://www.ems-gallery(dot)com/index.php

Thank you!

#7 2014-10-22 21:46:12

rod barbee
Website

looks to me as if you're only using one image in the filmstrip in Pages.
How many images do you have in the filmstrip? Do you see the slideshow working in Pages?
In the Lightroom Toolbar are you using "Selected Photos" or "All Filmstrip Photos"?
If "Selected Photos", be sure to select those you want in the slide show.
Also, see this about filmstrip images and how they are used: http://ce4.theturninggate.net/docs/doku … _filmstrip

And I've moved this to the Pages forum

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#8 2014-10-22 22:33:40

rod barbee
Website

And web fonts aren't appearing properly in a few browsers like Firefox, IE11 and even Chrome.  see this to address that problem: http://ce3wiki.theturninggate.net/doku. … _web_fonts

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#9 2014-10-23 02:15:22

Em

Hi Rod, I think you may be on target with the images in gallery comments. I will check that out. I do think I only added the one now that you talk about that subject.

In regard to the web fonts not appearing properly. Can you expound a little more. I checked on many different browsers and several systems and I am not seeing anything weird, so not exactly sure what to be looking for.

I did/do have "get shared resources from ttg ce4 pages checked. Should I have that checked. I read about it but wasn't clear if I should. And yes, these php pages are on a site with other .html pages and css so perhaps I am not seeing something that is caused by that in some situations I am not aware of yet. I think when I go 'Live" to the public I will only have the ttg pages and all my other ones will be gone. I started the site idea before I came upon the ttg idea modules so decided in mid-stream to go in that direction.

Thoughts/comments? Thanks again for all your help, Em

Last edited by Em (2014-10-23 02:22:07)

#10 2014-10-23 02:40:16

rod barbee
Website

when I used url you posted above (starting with www.) what I see where the Font Awesome web fonts should be is either a hex code or nothing at all (IE).
try clearing the browser cache and access your site in Firefox using www.ems-gallery.com

When using http://ems-gallery.com (which is what you use in your navigation) I see the proper web fonts. This is the cross-domain problem and is solved by adding that bit of code to the .htaccess file.

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

#11 2014-10-23 03:46:17

Em

Hi Rod, OK I copied the code you linked to in the .htaccess file and changed the word/s "example".com to my site.

Can you check now and see if I solved the problem. Thank you, Em

Last edited by Em (2014-10-23 03:46:54)

#12 2014-10-23 05:04:00

rod barbee
Website

looks like the web font issue is fixed

Rod 
www.rodbarbee.com

Board footer