Community @ The Turning Gate

Support community for TTG plugins and products.

NOTICE

The Turning Gate's Community has moved to a new home, at https://discourse.theturninggate.net.

This forum is now closed, and exists here as a read-only archive.

• New user registrations are disabled.
  • Users cannot create new topics.
  • Users cannot reply to existing topics.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-18 23:40:30

rolf

Publisher: Can’t password protect album - it’s grayed out

Hello everybody, I am stuck. I read all the documentations and posting here in the forum but i did not find the solution.

what i like to have:
I like to have two galleries on my site. One Gallery is for everybody to see and one is for my customers. The customers gallery can be accessed by clicking on „Kunden“. Each of these Albums should be password protected.

my site is: http://test.rolfskinderfotos.de

I found Rod’s explanations on http://ttg-tips-and-tricks.barbeephoto. … enu-items/ and followed them.

what i have done:
1) I used CE4 Pages and CE4 Gallery to build my site and everything is up and running.
2) To have the customers gallery I created a new gallery using auto CE4 Auto Index plugin. I exported and uploaded the entire directory named "kunden" to /ttg-be/autoindex/ as well as to /kunden - as explained in Rod's Tips & Tricks
3) In LR i created a new instance of CE4 Publisher. The Publisher settings are ok. The settings for the API Details are: http://test.rolfskinderfotos.de/ttg-be/publisher and the „Check Authentication“ is working as well.
4) inside publisher i created a new album with a bunch of images
5) i published this album and it is showing up under „Kunden“ BUT i can’t password protect this album in "Edit Album" because it is grayed out.
6) As well I can’t select the newly created Template in Auto Index inside „Edit Album“. It is not there.

My Question:
How to password protect an album?
Why can’t i select the AutoIndex Template in Edit Album?

My server directory structure is:
/root/
    /fragments/
    /galleries/
    /kunden/kunde-1
    /lib/
    /photos/
    /phplugins/
    /thumbnails/
    /ttg-be/templates/gallery/
                /autoindex/kunden/

What am I doing wrong?
Thank you for your help!

#2 2014-10-19 06:29:55

michilge
Website

Re: Publisher: Can’t password protect album - it’s grayed out

Hello Rolf,

did You check "Enable Password Protection" in Lightroom?
It's located in section "Ausgabeeinstellungen"

Concerning the other problem. Not sure how You got it. Tabs and spaces in connection with the proportional typeface may distort the levels in Your post. My directory structure is

ttg-be/templates/gallery
ttg-be/templates/autoindex

The autoindex templates can be edited when an album set is right-clicked "Album Set bearbeiten", while gallery templates require right-clicking on an album "Album bearbeiten"

Gruß aus Sprockhövel,
Michael

#3 2014-10-19 07:23:08

rod barbee
Website

6) As well I can’t select the newly created Template in Auto Index inside „Edit Album“. It is not there.

autoindex is used to create templates for album sets, not albums. You can't select an autoindex template for an album, it needs a gallery template.
If you need to create another index (album set) inside of the Kunden index, then create an album set and choose the kunden template.

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#4 2014-10-19 17:38:16

rolf

michilge wrote:

Hello Rolf,

did You check "Enable Password Protection" in Lightroom?
It's located in section "Ausgabeeinstellungen"

Hello Michael, thank you for your fast response.
Yes, i did, but it protects the entire gallery, but i want to protect an album inside a gallery.

michilge wrote:

Concerning the other problem. Not sure how You got it. Tabs and spaces in connection with the proportional typeface may distort the levels in Your post. My directory structure is

ttg-be/templates/gallery
ttg-be/templates/autoindex

mine is the same

michilge wrote:

The autoindex templates can be edited when an album set is right-clicked "Album Set bearbeiten", while gallery templates require right-clicking on an album "Album bearbeiten"

ah, i see. I get the idea. But that is not what i want. as said before i only want to protect one album or generally speaking all albums inside an index each with its own login.

Another problem: i generated an Album set , thought i have checked "Enable password". But i forget to do so. I uploaded the new set and realized that i forget to enable it. When coming back to LR to activate it he Checkbox is grayed out again! Do you know how to activate the checkbox again?

Thank you and Gruß aus Rheinbach,
Rolf

#5 2014-10-19 17:48:23

rolf

rod barbee wrote:

autoindex is used to create templates for album sets, not albums. You can't select an autoindex template for an album, it needs a gallery template.
If you need to create another index (album set) inside of the Kunden index, then create an album set and choose the kunden template.

Thank you rod, i think i now do understand the idea of the auto index. But - my problem is still there. How to password protect an album or as i wrote in my answer to Michael several albums inside a gallery each with its own login? Why can't I not simply go to an existing album and activate this enable password checkbox?

#6 2014-10-19 21:33:12

rod barbee
Website

albums and galleries are essentially the same thing. Album Sets and autoindexes are essentially the same thing. The only differences are that albums and album sets are created and managed  by Publisher whereas galleries and autoindexes are manually uploaded via ftp.

albums can go inside album sets but albums cannot go inside of other albums.  (and albums cannot go inside of galleries, but they can go inside of autoindexes--the autoindex would need to be target by Publisher to do this)

you can password protect album sets as well as the albums inside them.

Why can't I not simply go to an existing album and activate this enable password checkbox?

Have you enabled password protection in the CE4 Gallery template you're using to create albums?

Rod 
Just a user with way too much time on his hands.
www.rodbarbee.com
ttg-tips.com, Backlight 2/3 test site

#7 2014-10-20 02:43:54

rolf

Rod, i made it! Its working! Finally.
I was thinking your answer over and over and then it was clear. "Template" is the word for a place where i define something that than is being used by e.g. an album to behave in a certain way. im my case to be password protected. I only used one Gallery template and this couldn't work.

ok. the solution was to create another template, in fact i copied the existing one, but on this template i switched on password protection. i exported this template to the web server, put it inside ttg-be/templates/gallery an than selected this template in LR/Publisher/Edit Album. and Voila - for the first time I was able to activate pwd-protection for this album  - great.
thank you a lot for your help!
Rolf

btw. I had to check authentication in publishers settings and save it again before i was able to see my new template ...

Board footer